Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
Whether a student is pursuing a degree or taking a refresher course, online occupational safety and health (OSH) courses cover federal, state and local regulations. Read on to learn about the most commonly offered online courses in occupational safety and health.
Online courses in occupational safety and health feature several concentrations, such as fire prevention, hazardous materials response and industrial health. Although students may seek a degree in the field, such as a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health, they may alternatively take a specialty concentration as part of other degree programs in nursing or environmental safety. Depending on the school, online OSH courses may be offered fully online or in hybrid formats.
List of Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
The most popular online occupational safety and health courses are summarized below.
Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health Fundamentals Course
This is a fundamental course in occupational safety and health (OSH), which presents an overview of safety and health hazards in the workplace. Key topics of the course are injury and accident reporting, the role of governmental agencies and record-keeping.
Industrial Nursing Course
This occupational nursing course is often a certificate program available to registered nurses. The primary goal of the course is to teach nurses how to be the health educators of the workplace.
Managing Safety Course
Students learn to develop safety systems within the workplace. The course teaches students to develop health and safety management plans and create a set of accountability measures for hazards and accidents.
Hazardous Materials Management Course
This course focuses on hazardous waste management and spill prevention. Students learn regulation and containment theories and contamination procedures.
Fire Prevention Management Course
Students focus on fire prevention and containment in this course. Students learn about safety inspection and life-saving techniques and apply theory to public places and the workplace.
Related to Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
- Recently Updated
Read about occupational health and safety certificate programs and courses. Explore the educational prerequisites, coursework...
Learn how to become an occupational health and safety specialist. Research the job description and the education and training...
Occupational safety and health professionals ensure the safety of work environments. Job options include becoming either an...
Read about the common prerequisites for Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health degree programs. Explore classes,...
- Online Occupational Health and Safety Courses
- Online Masters in Occupational Health and Safety: Program Info
- Occupational Health Nurse: Job Description and Information
- Underwriting Service Assistant: Job Description and Salary Info
- Company Spokesperson: Job Description and Requirements
- Fish and Wildlife Game Warden: Job Description and Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for a Master of Information Systems Degree
- Occupational Safety Technician: Job Description and Information
- Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner: Job Description & Responsibilities
- Canvasser: Job Description, Duties and Salary
- Bonsai Culturist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Homicide Investigator: Requirements, Duties and Career Info