Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
Whether a student is pursuing a degree or taking a refresher course, online occupational safety and health (OSH) courses cover federal, state and local regulations. Read on to learn about the most commonly offered online courses in occupational safety and health.
Online courses in occupational safety and health feature several concentrations, such as fire prevention, hazardous materials response and industrial health. Although students may seek a degree in the field, such as a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health, they may alternatively take a specialty concentration as part of other degree programs in nursing or environmental safety. Depending on the school, online OSH courses may be offered fully online or in hybrid formats.
List of Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
The most popular online occupational safety and health courses are summarized below.
Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health Fundamentals Course
This is a fundamental course in occupational safety and health (OSH), which presents an overview of safety and health hazards in the workplace. Key topics of the course are injury and accident reporting, the role of governmental agencies and record-keeping.
Industrial Nursing Course
This occupational nursing course is often a certificate program available to registered nurses. The primary goal of the course is to teach nurses how to be the health educators of the workplace.
Managing Safety Course
Students learn to develop safety systems within the workplace. The course teaches students to develop health and safety management plans and create a set of accountability measures for hazards and accidents.
Hazardous Materials Management Course
This course focuses on hazardous waste management and spill prevention. Students learn regulation and containment theories and contamination procedures.
Fire Prevention Management Course
Students focus on fire prevention and containment in this course. Students learn about safety inspection and life-saving techniques and apply theory to public places and the workplace.
Related to Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become an occupational health and safety specialist. Research the job description and the education and training...
Undergraduate and graduate degrees in occupational health and safety are designed to help students gain management positions...
Occupational safety and health professionals ensure the safety of work environments. Job options include becoming either an...
Occupational safety and health workers ensure that workplaces are safe. A Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health...
- Occupational Health and Safety Masters Program Info
- Online Masters in Occupational Health and Safety: Program Info
- Occupational Health Nurse: Job Description and Information
- Worcester, Mass., City and Higher Education Information
- Schools for Aspiring Construction Inspectors: How to Choose
- Auditing Schools and Colleges: How to Choose
- Schools for Aspiring Real Estate Appraisers: How to Choose
- Occupational Safety Technician: Job Description and Information
- Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner: Job Description & Responsibilities
- Schools with Plastics Technology Programs: How to Choose
- Schools for Electronic Medical Records Specialists: How to Choose
- Schools for Aspiring Aircraft Mechanics: How to Choose