Online Refrigeration Course and Class Information
Online courses in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) are offered for students and working professionals by several 2-year colleges. They are usually are offered as part of online certificate or degree programs designed for prospective or current HVAC-R installers and technicians.
Students can enroll in programs that cover the skills necessary to install, design, troubleshoot and service HVAC-R systems. Graduates of these programs are qualified to sit for exams administered through HVAC-R industry organizations such as the Air-Conditioning Refrigeration Institute (ARI) and the North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Though online courses may be part of these programs, other courses will require on-campus participation to learn hands-on skills.
List of Online HVAC-R Courses
Below are some courses related to refrigeration that are often offered online.
Introductory HVAC-R Course
Courses in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration fundamentals explore several aspects of HVAC-R technology, from basic HVAC-R terminology to safety in the workplace. Content includes heat transfer methods, applied physics for HVAC-R systems, industry HVAC-R measurements and handling hazardous materials.
HVAC-R Electrical Course
These classes explore basic electrical theory as it applies to CD and AC circuits. Ohm's law, circuit characteristics and schematic circuit symbols are examined as students look at control components in HVAC-R systems. Course topics also include control methods, transformers, motor theory and common motors, starting components, wiring and pressure residential thermostats.
HVAC-R Structures Course
Students analyze system functions, including airflow measurement methods, psychometrics, air properties and accurate comfort parameters. These courses emphasize common HVAC-R installation standards, heat transfer concepts, heat-loss issues and conditions of air.
HVAC-R Cooling System Course
Mechanical compression refrigeration cycles and essential operation components are covered to prepare HVAC-R technicians to size, install or design a cooling system. Students are introduced to basic refrigeration cycle physics, metering devices evaporation, cooling equipment and duct sizing.
Related to Online Refrigeration Course and Class Information
- Recently Updated
Learn about the education and training requirements to become an industrial refrigeration technician. Read on to see what the...
See how to become a refrigeration and cooling technician. Get information about education, training, and career prospects to...
Refrigerators may seem like a mundane fixture of everyday life, but refrigeration engineering requires a well-rounded skill set...
Refrigerator technology workers install, maintain, and repair refrigeration systems. Read about the duties, education...
- Bachelor of Heating Air Conditioning & Refrigeration: Degree Overview
- CFC Refrigeration Certificate and Certification Program Information
- Industrial Pipe Fitter: Career Info & Requirements
- Top Ranked HR Management University Programs - San Diego, CA
- Top School for an Education in E-Commerce Management - San Diego, CA
- Salary and Career Info for Certified First Assistants
- Coding Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- HVAC Technician: Educational and Career Overview
- Air Conditioning Engineer: Job Duties & Career Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Electronic Equipment Engineer: Education and Career Information
- Top Graphic Design and Visual Communications Degree - Chicago, IL