Online Schools for Hair Stylists: How to Choose
Fully online educational and training programs are not available for prospective hair stylists. Opportunities in anatomy and business are available online that can prepare students for certain aspects in the cosmetology field. Keep reading for more information on entering this career through online study.
Choosing an Online Hair Stylist School
Online programs are not available for prospective hair stylists, because of the hands-on nature of the profession. Those who wish to enter this field must complete courses at a campus or institution that specializes in cosmetology or hair care. However, students can take some prerequisite courses online through some colleges or universities.
- Courses and program type
Courses and Program Type
Prerequisite courses such as anatomy, physiology, law, customer service and business are available online. Often, licensed hair stylists or cosmetologists who wish to enroll in further studies can find programs that are specifically designed to incorporate their training and experience as credit for a degree.
Licensing and certification requirements for hair stylists vary by state. Students should investigate the requirements for their state and find programs that prepare them for the career.
Available Online Programs for Hair Stylists
Cosmetology Physiology and Anatomy
Courses in physiology and anatomy are available online for those who wish to go into cosmetology. These courses cover:
- Skin, nail and hair conditions
- Treatment of conditions
- Effects of products on skin and hair
Cosmetology Law and Business
Cosmetology law and business programs are commonly available online and prepare students to manage and operate a business. These programs can provide career advancement opportunities for hairstylists. Classes are generally offered via unified education software that combines forums, e-mail and online testing capabilities. Students can find classes with flexible schedules or ones that have more traditional scheduling requirements. The program teaches students about:
- Business management
- Cosmetology regulations
Related to Online Schools for Hair Stylists: How to Choose
- Recently Updated
Hair extension training teaches hair stylists to add artificial length, volume and color to hairstyles. Adding hair extensions...
Hair stylists and barbers have educational and licensing requirements they must meet. Educational programs mix classroom time...
Like all cosmetologists, those specializing in hair braiding must obtain licensure. Continue reading below to learn more about...
Hair designers, also called cosmetologists, hairstylists and hairdressers, style clients' hair and help them look their best....
- Laser Hair Removal Technician: Job Description and Requirements
- Career Info for a Degree in Cosmetology
- Hair Salon Owner: Job Duties and Education Requirements
- BS in Business - Public Administration: Degree Overview
- Associate of Building Maintenance Technology: Degree Overview
- Best Online Colleges for Economics: School List
- Top University with School Administration Degrees - Jacksonville, FL
- Barber School: Information on Becoming a Barber or Hairdresser
- How to Become a Beauty Supply Distributor
- Top University for Learning Electronics Technology - Norfolk, VA
- Bachelor's in Business Administration - Health Care: Degree Overview
- Associate's in Computer Information Systems - Network Management