Online Schools for Nail Technicians
Nail technicians and other beauty and cosmetology professionals are responsible for clients' personal appearance. Normally, cosmetology programs and courses for nail technicians are not available in online form. However, students can take some of the prerequisite courses through distance learning programs at various colleges.
Online Possibilities for Nail Technician Schools
- Program availability and type
- Licensure requirements
Program Availability and Type
Online education programs for nail technicians that lead to licensure are not normally available at all. Some non-professional programs are available from select institutions, but normally nail technician education programs must be completed at a traditional education institution, whether it be a college with a cosmetology program or a beauty school with a program specifically for nail technicians. Students can complete some prerequisite classes in anatomy and physiology in online form, and some personal enrichment courses in nail care and cosmetology are available from some institutions.
Licensure requirements vary from state to state, but commonly nail technicians must complete a state-approved cosmetology program and register with the state to complete their cosmetology license. Because of the hands-on nature of the profession (pun intended), states do not normally approve nail technician programs that do not present the bulk of their material in a traditional learning environment. Students should insure that a program meets their state's licensing requirements before enrolling.
Online Program Options for Nail Technicians
Students may at times be able to find cosmetology programs that allow them to take some prerequisite courses online. Alternatively, some programs allow students to transfer those prerequisite credits in from an institution that does have online classes. These courses include:
- Anatomy and physiology for cosmetologists
Cosmetology Business and Law
Cosmetology business and law classes are fairly common, normally being intended for beauty professionals who wish to advance their careers into a management position, or for entrepreneurs who wish to start their own business. Common courses for a cosmetology business and law program are:
- Business management
- Cosmetology regulations
Related to Online Schools for Nail Technicians
- Recently Updated
Read about training programs for nail technicians and manicurists, which may help students prepare for state licensing exams....
Working as a nail technician requires little formal education. Learn about the training, job duties and licensure to see if...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a nail technician. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as...
Find out how to become a nail technician. Research the education and training requirements, and learn about the experience you...
- Job Description of a Manicure Technician
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Nail Manicure
- Manicure and Pedicure Technician Career Overview
- Hair Technician Educational Overview
- Top Rated Computer Networking School - Lexington, KY
- Top College in Tucson for Becoming an Electrician
- Top School in Louisville for an Early Childhood Education Degree
- Career Information for a Degree in General Cosmetology
- Careers in the Beauty Industry for Bachelor's Degree Holders
- Top University with a Degree in International Business - Honolulu, HI
- Top CAD Drafting and Architectural Design School - Madison, WI
- What Education Do I Need to Become a Clothing Designer?