Online Skin Care Courses for Aspiring Skin Care Professionals
Due to the hands-on nature of skin care, fully online training programs for aspiring skin care professionals are not available. Some schools offer hybrid courses in skin care, which combine online and on-campus instruction.
Cosmetology certificate or diploma programs that cover skin care are available through many niche schools. Students can also complete a more comprehensive associate's degree program in cosmetology at a community college or technical school. Didactic or theoretical skin care education may be offered online; however, hands-on practice inside and outside the classroom is fundamental to a skin care professional's education. Job opportunities for skin care professionals include spa esthetician, facialist or massage therapist.
Esthetician tools and supplies may need to be purchased separately by the student if not provided by the school.
List of Skin Care Courses
The descriptions below detail the most commonly offered courses for aspiring skin care professionals.
Skin Care Foundations
In this series of courses, students learn about the properties and attributes of skin and the science behind skin care. These courses teach students how to perform basic facials, as well as honing techniques for make-up application and waxing. Due to the practical nature of courses, most instruction will take place on-campus.
Estheticians are frequently employed at day spas or salons for various services. Students learn such spa procedures as aromatherapy, as well as learning a variety of facial and body massage techniques.
In this advanced series of courses, students learn to work with chemicals, acids and specialized tools for facial resurfacing. Practicing chemical peels, exfoliation or microdermabrasion requires extreme precision and careful practice; thus, these types of courses are taught with instructor supervision.
State License Exam Prep and Business Management
Students prepare for the state exams and are also given career advice and guidance. Some schools assist with job placement. These courses are text-oriented in nature, and they may be offered online.
Related to Online Skin Care Courses for Aspiring Skin Care Professionals
- Recently Updated
Research the requirements to become a skincare specialist. Learn about the job duties, and read the step-by-step process to...
Skin care specialists, or estheticians, give facials, skin treatments and beauty treatments to the clients they serve. They may...
New York's fastest-growing occupations are diverse, and people with various skills sets and educational background can pursue...
Students interested in studying to become aestheticians in Maitland, FL, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the...
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Certification Information
- Hawaii Job Outlook: Overview of the Fastest Growing Careers
- Become a Permanent Makeup Artist: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- What Is a Construction Operator?
- Top College in Memphis for Computer Science Education
- North Carolina (NC) Universities, Colleges, and Career Education
- Fireman: Training Required For All Firemen
- Career Info for a Degree in Skin Care & Aesthetics
- How to Become a Licensed Aesthetician: Education and Career Roadmap
- Sonogram Nurse: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Behavioral Interventionist: Job Description, Duties and Salary
- Portfolio Administrator Job Description and Career Information
- Merrionette Park, Illinois (IL) Colleges
- Pesticide Technician Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Pesticide Technician
- Pharmaceutical Science Professions Job Duties and Info About Careers in Pharma Science
- Gynecologic Surgeon Job Duties and Information About Becoming a Gynecologic Surgeon