Online Victim Advocate Classes, Courses and Training Programs
Online victim advocate classes provide the skills and training needed for professionals who work with crime victims. Most students who complete coursework receive a victim advocacy certificate. Online classes can be found within many criminal justice and social work bachelor's and master's degree programs and in some paralegal training programs.
Training programs and courses in victim advocacy teach participants how to help victims deal with the devastating effects that crime has on the lives of individuals and families. In addition, students learn how to provide assistance to victims during and after times of crisis resulting from criminal activity.
Students can earn a Certificate of Completion in Victim Advocacy by taking online classes as part of a bachelor's or master's degree program in legal studies, criminal justice or social work. Graduates work as victim advocates in various settings, including domestic violence shelters, crisis centers and with state and county offices that assist victims. Graduates may also pursue careers as probation, parole or peace officers and social workers.
List of Online Victim Advocate Courses
Most online victim advocate training programs focus on the same material and present it as a single course. Students can expect to complete training in about seven weeks.
Victim Advocacy Course
The class provides students with a basic introduction of victim advocacy and victims' rights legislation. Students learn how the legal process works. The course also includes training for community and grief counseling and crisis intervention. Graduates understand the steps to helping victims receive temporary restraining orders and find employment. Specific topics covered in most classes include:
- Legal terminology and process
- Domestic violence
- Child abuse
- Sexual assault
- Homicide and murder
- Battery and robbery
- Venue and jurisdiction
Related to Online Victim Advocate Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Recently Updated
Social workers help individuals and families deal with a variety of issues, including social, personal, medical and mental...
Have you ever thought about a career in social work? If you like helping others in need, you might consider the field. Here are...
Social workers help individuals cope with economic, family and health problems. They're employed in a variety of settings, such...
Criminal justice researchers play an important role in the criminal justice system. They conduct studies, create reports, and...
- Victim Advocate: Job Description & Career Info
- Master of Criminal Justice (MSCJ): Global Issues Degree Overview
- Associate of Criminal Justice: Degree Overview
- Fashion Marketing: Career College Diploma Summary
- Associate of Medical Records Technology: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): Visual Communications Degree Overview
- Top School in Atlanta with a Fashion Merchandising Degree Program
- Best School for a Degree in Criminal Justice - Anaheim, CA
- Corporate Paralegal: Job Description, Duties and Salary
- Conflict Resolution Graduate Certification: Program Overview
- Bachelor of Information Technology - Network Management Degree
- Automotive Technician Certificate: Diesel Technician Program Overview