Pennsylvania Career Outlook: Fastest Growing Pennsylvania (PA) Careers
If you want to start out or change to a fast-growing career in Pennsylvania, read the following article. Inside, you'll find brief economic facts and occupation projections for the hottest jobs in the state of Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania ranks 6th in the nation in terms of gross state product (GSP) with a GSP of $430.31 billion in 2005, according to Wikipedia, en.wikipedia.org. This is because Pennsylvania runs the economic gamut from agriculture to manufacturing to tourism.
The top six private employers in the state of Pennsylvania according to America's Career Info Net, www.careerinfonet.org, are as follows:
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Vanguard Group
- Geisinger Health System
- Mellon Financial Corporation
The largest of these, Philadelphia International Airport, employs about 20,000 people.
Fast-Growing Pennsylvania Occupations
The following ten occupations represent the top ten projected occupations in Pennsylvania through 2014 based on numeric employment change according to the Pennsylvania Center for Workforce Information and Analysis, www.paworkstats.state.pa.us. In other words, the following jobs are projected to have the most openings through 2014. For example, 'food preparation and serving related occupations' is expected to have 49,590 total openings through the year 2014.
- Food Preparation & Serving Related Occupations
- Management Occupations
- Healthcare Practitioners & Technical Occupations
- Healthcare Support Occupations
- Personal Care & Service Occupations
- Education, Training, & Library Occupations
- Transportation & Material Moving Occupations
- Building & Grounds Cleaning & Maintenance Occupations
- Food & Beverage Serving Workers
- Motor Vehicle Operators
Related to Pennsylvania Career Outlook: Fastest Growing Pennsylvania (PA) Careers
- Recently Updated
Paul Whiteley, professor of politics at the University of Essex, recently released an analysis of the relationship between the...
The European University Association recently released a report on the impact the economic crisis has had on financing for...
Elinor Ostrom became the first woman honored with the Nobel Prize for Economic Science. Ostrom teaches at Indiana University,...
The $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, more commonly known as the economic stimulus plan, promises to create...
- Economic Downturn Casts Doubt on the Value of Higher Education
- College Finance Economic Indicators: Description & What They Mean
- College Finance: The Three Types of Economic Indicators
- AS in Health Information Technology: Degree Overview
- Associate of Graphic Design and Multimedia: Degree Overview
- Medical Transcriptionist Certificate: Program Overview
- Healthcare Assistant: Diploma Overview
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Economic Crime Investigation Degree Overview
- Economic Development Degree Program Information
- Associate of Science (AS): Electronics Technology Degree Overview
- K-6 Education Degree and Certification Program Information
- Associate of Office System Technologist: Degree Overview
Perfect School Search
- A - I
- K - R
- S - Y
- Nearby States