Philosophy: An Introduction to Philosophy Adult Education Programs
As a prerequisite of other programs, or as a critical component of a career in teaching, philosophy adult education programs are interesting, informative, and essential. Read more below about how adult education programs in philosophy can help you.
What is Philosophy Adult Education?
The field of philosophy itself has been a critical component of human culture since its beginning, necessitating adult education for many professional training programs. The cognitive, conceptual and informational disseminator skills gained through philosophy adult education programs are indispensable in practically every career field. In most adults seeking a college education, the philosophy coursework itself isn't nearly as critical as the educational skills it helps students develop.
According to Wikipedia, www.wikipedia.org, philosophy adult education is centered on ethics, reasoning and the fundamental nature of knowledge. In adult, collegiate, and all education programs, philosophy coursework is a foundational building block upon which the very structure of post secondary training rests, is understood, and is used. The educational skills gained from philosophy adult learning programs are prerequisites in a wide range of careers including law enforcement, teaching, copywriting, medicine and advanced technology.
From Ancient Greek philosophy and rationalism to empiricism, the educational value of these constructs in adult learning programs is applied in a wide variety of settings. Leadership and management skills are developed within this educational discipline. Adult educational programs in philosophy also foster communication, writing, and creative thinking skills as well.
Careers in Philosophy
As a major component of how post secondary educational training is structured and understood, philosophy careers are predominately in teaching. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, notes educational institutions as the primary employer of philosophy majors. Philosophy instruction and coursework programs are also a vital component in theology and religious education as well.
Related to Philosophy: An Introduction to Philosophy Adult Education Programs
- Recently Updated
Let's face it: There's nothing philosophers are better at than talking. Or, in this case, 'talking' on the Web through...
This article describes the philosophy doctorate degree as well as the careers and job options available for graduates of a...
Although they are distinct areas of study, the fields of religion and philosophy are closely related in that they both explore,...
See our list of the top free online philosophy courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to...
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Religious Studies: Degree Overview
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Holistic Nutrition Degree Overview
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Natural Health Degree Overview
- Online Cardiology Courses and Classes Overview
- Certified Technical Analyst Job Description and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Information Technology Degree Overview
- Online Degrees in Funeral Service Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Online Human Services Degree
- Certified Physician Credentialing Specialist: Job Duties and Requirements
- Business Lecturer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Online Audio Engineering Classes and Training Information