Salary and Job Information for a Doctor of Business Administration
Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) programs are intended for business experts wishing to utilize their experience and training to advance their careers or take on teaching, research or leadership roles. Many areas of career specialization are available, including business operations, economics, finance, strategic business planning and human resource management.
Doctor of Business Administration Salary Information
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov), the median salary for a chief executive was $168,140 in May 2012. The BLS reports that salaries vary greatly depending on many factors, such as the size and type of firm that chief executives work for, its location, their responsibilities and the length of their service to the company or agency. The BLS found that the most highly paid executives worked for securities, commodities and brokerage agencies, with a mean salary of $232,020 in 2012. Chief executives in local government agencies, by contrast, made a mean salary of $110,600 at that time.
Doctor of Business Administration Job Information
Employers seek out experienced candidates with a D.B.A. for their advanced leadership and decision-making skills and deep knowledge of business. D.B.A. graduates tend to come from programs focusing on the practical application of business theories within corporate settings.
D.B.A. graduates are equipped to hold several high-level positions, based on their field of specialization and career interests. Roles may include executive and leadership positions in corporations, non-profit organizations and government institutions. Another career path may include teaching advanced courses in finance, business administration, marketing and economics for universities, professional business schools and community colleges. Professionals with a D.B.A. may also perform financial analytics, conduct business research or write for business publications, educational textbooks and online business media.
Related to Salary and Job Information for a Doctor of Business Administration
- Recently Updated
For individuals interested in obtaining a degree in business administration from a school in or near Orlando, FL, there's the...
Students pursuing a bachelor's degree in business administration can pursue a general degree or select a concentration....
Each year, Education Portal awards ten merit-based scholarships to students in fields ranging from health administration to...
Oklahoma City University's Meinders School of Business in Oklahoma City, OK, is a small school offering business administration...
- BS in Business Administration - Accounting: Degree Overview
- Top University in Los Angeles for a Business Administration Degree
- Top University for a Degree in Business Administration - Irvine, CA
- Pediatric Forensic Pathology Education and Career Information
- Rehabilitation Therapist Education Requirements
- Master of Science (MS in Education): Degree Overview
- Online Disaster Management Degree Program Information
- Top Ranked School for Business Administration - Mesa, AZ
- Top School in Richmond, VA, for a Business Administration Degree
- Online Leisure Studies Masters Degree Program Information
- Associate in Science (AS): Business Administration Degree Overview
- Associate of Information Technology in Network Administration Degree