Salary and Job Information for a Doctor of Business Administration
Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) programs are intended for business experts wishing to utilize their experience and training to advance their careers or take on teaching, research or leadership roles. Many areas of career specialization are available, including business operations, economics, finance, strategic business planning and human resource management.
Doctor of Business Administration Salary Information
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov), the median salary for a chief executive was $168,140 in May 2012. The BLS reports that salaries vary greatly depending on many factors, such as the size and type of firm that chief executives work for, its location, their responsibilities and the length of their service to the company or agency. The BLS found that the most highly paid executives worked for securities, commodities and brokerage agencies, with a mean salary of $232,020 in 2012. Chief executives in local government agencies, by contrast, made a mean salary of $110,600 at that time.
Doctor of Business Administration Job Information
Employers seek out experienced candidates with a D.B.A. for their advanced leadership and decision-making skills and deep knowledge of business. D.B.A. graduates tend to come from programs focusing on the practical application of business theories within corporate settings.
D.B.A. graduates are equipped to hold several high-level positions, based on their field of specialization and career interests. Roles may include executive and leadership positions in corporations, non-profit organizations and government institutions. Another career path may include teaching advanced courses in finance, business administration, marketing and economics for universities, professional business schools and community colleges. Professionals with a D.B.A. may also perform financial analytics, conduct business research or write for business publications, educational textbooks and online business media.
Related to Salary and Job Information for a Doctor of Business Administration
- Recently Updated
For individuals interested in obtaining a degree in business administration from a school in or near Orlando, FL, there's the...
Each year, Education Portal awards ten merit-based scholarships to students in fields ranging from health administration to...
Oklahoma City University's Meinders School of Business in Oklahoma City, OK, is a small school offering business administration...
An associate degree program in office administration trains students to plan schedules and appointments, manage electronic...
- Top University in Los Angeles for a Business Administration Degree
- Top University for a Degree in Business Administration - Irvine, CA
- Top Ranked School for Business Administration - Mesa, AZ
- Medicare Biller: Job Outlook & Career Information
- Master's in Public Safety & Security: Degree Program Information
- Community Advocate: Job Outlook & Career Info
- IT Technician: Job Outlook and Career Info for Becoming an IT Technician
- Top School in Richmond, VA, for a Business Administration Degree
- Top School for a Business Administration Degree - Lexington, KY
- Sterile Process Technician: Job Description & Career Info
- Not-for-Profit Accountant: Job Description & Career Requirements
- Commercial Property Manager: Job Duties & Requirements