Schools for Aspiring Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives
Pharmaceutical sales representatives work for pharmaceutical companies. They inform physicians, hospitals and pharmacists about newly developed drugs. Individuals interested in this career can find training through select colleges and universities.
How to Select a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Program
Pharmaceutical sales representatives attend conferences, provide samples and take orders for pharmaceutical products. Certificates in the field are available and are usually offered through a university's continuing education department.
Summary of Considerations
- Certification prep
- Online learning
- Sales curriculum
Aspiring pharmaceutical sales representatives should determine whether a program's curriculum complies with the National Association of Pharmaceutical Representatives (NAPRx). NAPRx is not an accrediting agency, but it offers the Certified National Pharmaceutical Representative (CNPR) credential, which certifies individuals as being knowledgeable about the laws and ethics of the field. Certification is not required to work in the field; however, it may enhance an individual's ability to find employment in the field after graduation.
The majority of pharmaceutical representative certificate programs are offered online. Prospective students should determine whether they are able and willing to study online. Additionally, online programs may require specific computer software or hardware.
As pharmaceutical representation usually requires sales, individuals may want to choose a program that provides instruction in sales techniques. Building skills in public speaking, persuasion and interpersonal relationships may assist students in a successful sales representative career.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Certificate Program
Certificate programs for pharmaceutical sales can require up to one year of study. The NAPRx-approved curriculum consists of 14 topics covering drug research and development processes, anatomy, clinical pharmacology and therapeutic cases. Schools are individually permitted to divide and teach these 14 topics, but the majority of programs are uniform in their curriculum. Teachings also typically cover:
- Field sales
- FDA guidelines
- Legal aspects of pharmacology
Related to Schools for Aspiring Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives
- Recently Updated
Read about bachelor's and master's degree programs available to prospective pharmaceutical sales representatives. Get...
Read about bachelor's programs in pharmaceutical marketing. Get details on admission requirements and common courses, and check...
Find out how common bachelor's degree programs in pharmaceutical sales are and what prerequisites are usually required. Also,...
Some of the highest paid sales professionals include sales managers, sales engineers, pharmaceutical sales representatives and...
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmaceutical Management
- Career Information for a Degree in Specialized Sales
- Career Info for a Degree in Merchandising Marketing
- Top Public Administration Degree Program - Charlotte, NC
- Photogrammetry Careers: Job Information and Education Requirements
- Cardiac Sonographer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Accounting MBA: Top School with an Accounting MBA Program - Spokane, WA
- Agricultural Sales Professional: Job Description, Duties and Salary
- Sales Engineer Career Information: Becoming a Sales Engineer
- Business Consultant: Job Description and Career Requirements
- Ayurveda Practitioner: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Commercial Real Estate Agent: Job Description and Requirements