Sustainable Agriculture MBA Program Information
Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs focusing specifically on sustainable agriculture are rare, but programs in sustainable business are available, and some include sustainable agriculture coursework. These programs train students to treat businesses as potential agents for positive, long-term, ethical change in the world.
Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business
Students in graduate-level sustainable business programs learn to apply training in ethics to business practices. Business classes might include accounting, business law and organizational leadership, while sustainable agriculture coursework may cover pest management strategies based on principles of ecology, diversified farming practices and sustainable food production. Full-time graduate programs can be completed in 1-2 years; some schools also offer part-time programs for working individuals.
Applicants are expected to have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year university. However, because of the interdisciplinary nature of sustainable business administration, programs generally don't discriminate with regard to undergraduate academic discipline.
In these types of programs, students may learn about multiple issues in sustainability, such as how the infrastructure of developing nations affects global warming. Additionally, the disparity between consumer desire for sustainable products and their shopping habits can be a major issue in sustainable business. Topics of study may include:
- Business strategy
- Environmental law
- Green accounting
- Investing for social responsibility
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable development
Popular Career Options
Jobs in sustainable business can be found with energy and natural resources management divisions of the World Bank, United Nations, major telecommunications broadcasters and environmental investment firms. Graduates of master's degree programs are qualified to work as:
- Environmental commodity analysts
- Marketing consultants
- Sustainability managers
Continuing Education Information
Graduates of MBA programs can go on to complete Ph.D. programs in sustainable agriculture. These programs may allow students to participate in fieldwork, engage in colloquiums and complete courses in subjects like ecology, biological science and resource management.
Related to Sustainable Agriculture MBA Program Information
- Recently Updated
A new survey just released by Kaplan Test Prep shows that MBA applicants still favor the GMAT over the GRE - even...
Industrial agriculture, commonly known as commercial agriculture, involves producing crops and livestock in a...
Agricultural science teachers combine classroom instruction with experiential learning to prepare the next generation...
Agricultural Graders are trained on-the-job. Some Grader positions with technical responsibilities may be required to...
- Agricultural Scientist: Educational Requirements for a Career in Agriculture Science
- Parasitologist: Job Description, Salary and Career Outlook
- How Long Does an MBA Degree Take to Complete?
- Top Ranked School for an International Business Degree - Phoenix, AZ
- Top School with a Master's in MIS Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Top School for a Multimedia and Information Technology Degree - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Business E-Commerce Degree Program - Jacksonville, FL
- Become an Agricultural Quarantine Inspector: Career Guide
- Agricultural Equipment Operator: Job Description and Requirements
- Top Ranked Software Engineering Degree - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Ranked Human Resource Management Degree - Arlington, VA
- Top Degrees for Business Administration - San Francisco, CA