Top Business Accounting Degree Programs - New York, NY
Many schools in the New York, NY, area have accounting programs. Read on to find out what one top school has to offer in accounting, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Info
There are nearly 30 public and private, not-for-profit schools within ten miles of downtown New York City that offer degree programs in accounting. Based upon its rankings, program offerings and professional focus, the top school for aspiring accountants is an affordable, public college in downtown Manhattan.
- Winner: Baruch College is one of nearly two dozen schools and colleges that comprise the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Students interested in business accounting can earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Master of Science (M.S.) in Accounting.
School Info Chart
|Category||CUNY Baruch College|
|Rankings|| #25 among Regional Universities in the North (2015);|
#4 among Top Public Schools in the North (2015);
#62 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2014);
#82 among Best Graduate Business Programs (2014);
#57 among best Part-time MBA Programs (2014)*
|Location||New York, NY|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)|| Undergraduate: $6,210 (in-state);|
|Business Accounting Degree Awards Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|Business Accounting Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||825**|
|Most Popular Business Accounting Degree in 2013||Bachelor's (620)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 entering class||67%**|
|Noteworthy||The Zicklin School of Business sponsors business case competitions, which give students the opportunity to apply academic concepts to real-life scenarios; Zicklin Center for Corporate Integrity offers conferences, lectures and round-table discussions.|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report; **NCES College Navigator.
CUNY Baruch College
- The Zicklin School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Eligible students can earn both a BBA and an M.S. in Accounting in five years
- Both the MBA and M.S. in Accounting programs help students prepare for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam
- Access to Midtown Manhattan and Wall Street helps to facilitate internship, career and professional networking opportunities for students
CUNY Baruch College serves over 17,000 students per year at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and its Zicklin School of Business is the largest college business school in the country. In 2014, Baruch College made the Forbes edition of 'America's Top Colleges', as well as Money magazine's survey of 'Best Colleges.' For the same year, Baruch College was identified as a 'Best Value College' by The Princeton Review. Common topics found in both the undergraduate and graduate programs include economics, information systems and taxation.
In the BBA in Accounting program, undergraduates take core courses in business law, management and marketing, as well as upper-level courses in auditing and finance. The MBA program is targeted towards students who did not major in business and is available in full-time, accelerated part-time and flex-time formats. Core coursework covers topics in business communication and policy, financial accounting and decision making, management and statistical analysis. The M.S. in Accounting program is the most expedient way for undergraduates who majored in business to qualify for the CPA exam.
Related to Top Business Accounting Degree Programs - New York, NY
- Recently Updated
Read about the curriculum and requirements of an Associate of Business Administration (ABA) in Accounting program. Learn about...
Discover your options for studying automated accounting. Browse the details of related certificate programs, including the...
Learn about the business accounting technology associate's degree program. Read on for educational prerequisites, program...
The University of Texas at San Antonio is one of nine universities in the University of Texas System. Students interested in...
- Business Accounting: Summary of Coursework
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Corporate Accounting: Degree Overview
- BS in Business Administration - Accounting: Degree Overview
- Top School in St. Louis for an HR Management Degree
- Top School in Spokane for a Criminal Justice Degree
- Computational Chemistry Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Best Business Degree Programs - Arlington, VA
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Accounting Degree Overview
- Top Ranked Business Accounting Degree Programs - Nashville, TN
- Corporate Tax Accountant: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top College in Tucson for a Health Services Degree
- Top Rated Programming Degree Programs - Tampa, FL
Perfect School Search
- A - G
- G - N
- P - W
- Nearby States