Top Business School - Dallas, TX
Several schools in the Dallas area have business programs. Read on to find out more about what these top schools have to offer for mechanical engineering, as well as tuition and degree information.
Top Business Schools in Dallas
There are more than 20 universities and colleges in the Dallas area that offer business degree programs. The top three schools, based on rankings, graduation rates and distance, are Southern Methodist University, the University of Texas-Dallas and El Centro College. Southern Methodist University is nationally ranked for business programs at all levels and has an undergraduate graduation rate of 75%. The University of Texas--Dallas is also ranked by U.S. News and World Report and has a high graduation rate, which led to a #2 ranking, followed by El Centro College.
School Comparison Chart
|Category||Southern Methodist University||University of Texas--Dallas||El Centro College|
|Ranking(s)||U.S. News and World Report ranked SMU 58th nationally, and ranked its undergraduate business programs 40th, while graduate programs were ranked 52nd in 2013||Bloomberg Business Week ranked the University of Texas--Dallas 75th in its annual ranking of undergraduate business programs in 2011**||N/A|
|Location||Dallas, TX||Richardson, TX||Dallas, TX|
|School Type||4-year, private not-for-profit||4-year, public||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees 2011-2012||$41,750***||$10,666 (in-state), $25,084 (out-of-state)***||$1,350 (in-district), $2,490 (in-state), $3,960 (out-of-state)***|
|Business Degree Programs Offered||Bachelor's, Master's||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorates||Associate's; Certificates|
|Business Degrees Awarded (All Levels) in 2011-2012||173***||744***||16***|
|Most Popular business Program 2011-2012||Master of Business Administration, Business Administration and Management, General (129 awarded||Master of Business Administration, general (461 awarded)***||Certificate, Business Administration and Management, general (6 awarded)***|
|2005 Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time)||75%***||61%***||5%***|
|Noteworthy||Southern Methodist University ranked 25th in the 2011 Forbes ranking of business schools***||Eighty three percent of students who began their studies in Fall 2010 continued their studies in Fall 2011***||El Centro offers free mass transit passes for students enrolled in full-time study*****|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **Bloomberg Business Week ***National Center for Education Statistics, ****'Forbes, *****El Centro College.
Winner: Southern Methodist University
- Bloomberg Business Week ranked Southern Methodist University 30th in undergraduate business schools
- U.S. News and World Report ranked SMU 58th nationally, and ranked its undergraduate business programs 40th, while graduate programs were ranked 52nd in 2013
- In 2011, Forbes ranked the Cox School of Business at SMU 25th in its annual rankings
- Seventy-five percent of students who began their studies in 2005 graduated within six years, according to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Southern Methodist University's business programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels are both highly ranked by U.S. News and World Report. In 2013, the graduate school ranked 52nd nationally, while the executive MBA program was 15th and the part-time MBA program ranked 31st. Students at this 4-year private not-for-profit university can earn a Bachelor of Business Administration in seven concentrations. Graduate students can pursue a full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA), a part-time MBA (PMBA) or an executive MBA (EMBA). Students can complete the MBA in 22 months and can choose from concentrations in accounting, finance, general business, or information technology and operations management among others. The PMBA takes 24 months of evening and weekend courses and includes concentrations in strategy and entrepreneurship, general business, management or accounting, among others. The Executive MBA is a 21-month program with classes on alternating Fridays and Saturdays and includes the same concentrations as the MBA or PMBA.
Runner Up #1: University of Texas--Dallas
- U.S. News and World Report ranked the University of Texas--Dallas 87th in undergraduate business schools and 37th in graduate business programs
- Bloomberg Business Week ranked the University of Texas--Dallas 75th in its annual ranking of undergraduate business programs
- Sixty-one percent of students who started in 2008 graduated in 150% of normal time, according to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)**
- The Naveen Jindal School of Management conferred more than 1,000 degrees at all levels in 2011-2012**
- Students can participate in study abroad opportunities - in faculty-led programs or in exchange programs through the Naveen Jindal School of Management
Just 12.5 miles from downtown, the Dallas campus of the University of Texas is home to 18,864 students, 11,760 of whom are undergraduates. The university confers bachelor's and master's degrees through the Jindal School of Management. A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is available in the following concentrations: organizational behavior and human resources, innovation and entrepreneurship, real estate, health care management and general business; students can also pursue a Bachelor of Science in global business or supply chain management. At the graduate level, Master of Business Administration degrees are available in five delivery methods: full-time, professional MBA flex, professional MBA evening cohort, a professional MBA online and an executive program. Students can choose from 12 concentrations in the MBA program, including leadership in organizations, health care management or international management, among others. Students can also pursue doctoral degrees in business topics.
Runner Up #2: El Centro College
- El Centro is located just one half mile from downtown Dallas
- The college can provide free mass transit passes for students enrolled in at least six credit hours in the spring and fall semesters, or three credit hours in the summer.
At El Centro College, less than a mile from downtown Dallas, students can pursue an Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration. The 2-year public college is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. In this degree program, students learn about management, personnel, marketing and business law, all topics essential in the business world. Required courses include topics like organizational behavior, marketing and accounting principles. Students take cooperative education courses in the third semester and business law in the fourth. According to NCES, the school granted three associate degrees in 2011-2012.
Related to Top Business School - Dallas, TX
- Recently Updated
Get an overview of an Associate of Arts (AA) degree program in business. Learn about required courses, career options and...
Learn about the top schools for business, which can help students prepare for careers in management, finance, marketing and...
LLCs are a special type of business structure that offer many advantages to the entrepreneur.
Explore a degree program overview of the Associate of International Business. Browse course topics and consider a list of...
- Career Information for a Degree in General Business Administration
- Business Psychologist: Career Info, Job Duties and Requirements
- Careers in Business Journalism: Job Options and Requirements
- Associate of Information Services: Degree Overview
- Computer Applications Accounting: Trade School Diploma Program Summary
- Master of Science in Communications Engineering
- Most Practical Masters Degrees: List of Degrees that Lead to Jobs
- Cosmetic Dentistry Schools
- Natural Resources Manager Job Outlook and Information About Starting a Career in Natural Resources Management
- Learn the Difference Between Good Debt and Bad Debt
- Industrial Electronics Maintenance Technician Job Information and Requirements for a Career in Industrial Electronic Maintenance
Perfect School Search
- A - E
- F - N
- O - W
- Nearby States