Top Computer Information Systems Management Degree - Charleston, SC
Few schools in the Charleston area have top ranking information systems management programs. Read on to find out more about what one top area school has to offer for information systems, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Information
Only three schools in the Charleston, SC, area offer degrees related to computer information systems. Of those, two are public institutions. Based on rankings, facilities available and number of programs, the following school is the top pick for information systems in the area.
- Winner: The College of Charleston's Department of Computer Science offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems (CIS) and a Master of Science in Computer and Information Sciences. Regionally ranked, the college has high-quality computer and innovation labs for students to use in their studies.
School Info Chart
|Category||College of Charleston|
|Rankings||#13 in Regional Universities (South) (2015); #4 in Top Public Schools (South) (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year; public|
|Tuition & Fees (2014-2015)||Undergrad: $11,018 (in-state); $28,008 (out-of-state)*|
|Computer and Information Sciences Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's|
|Computer and Information Sciences Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||45**|
|Most Popular Computer and Information Sciences Degree Level in 2013||Bachelor's (37 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||64%**|
|Noteworthy||CIS students have the option to go on several study abroad programs at no additional cost; bachelor's in computer science is accredited by ABET|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator
College of Charleston
- Graduate courses are offered in the late afternoon and evening to accommodate working students
- The college has two high-performance computer clusters
- CIS students have the option to participate in the Software Innovations Lab and develop software-based solutions for real companies
Located in South Carolina's capital city, the College of Charleston (COC) enrolls over 11,000 students in 66 bachelor's degree programs, 20 master's degree programs and eight certificate programs. The School of Sciences and Mathematics, one of eight colleges and schools at COC, includes the Department of Computer Science, which offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and a Master of Science in Computer and Information Sciences.
Students in the computer information systems bachelor's program learn about computer science basics, such as database components and implementation, computer programming languages and software engineering. The program also includes mathematics and business courses.
The graduate degree program in computer and information sciences is administered jointly between the College of Charleston and the Citadel, South Carolina's military college. Students choose a specialization from one of four areas, including information systems. Students in the information systems specialization learn to resolve business problems with computer software.
Related to Top Computer Information Systems Management Degree - Charleston, SC
- Recently Updated
Students interested in studying computer information systems management in the Denver area have a number of schools to choose...
Students interested in studying computer information systems management in Indianapolis have only a few schools to choose from....
Read about associate's degree programs in computer information systems that focus on network management. Get details about the...
Read about computer information systems and information systems management educational programs. Learn about the types of...
- BS in Technology Management: Computer Information Systems
- Information Systems Management: Master's Degree Overview
- Top School in Orlando for an Information Technology Career
- Top School in Philadelphia for Becoming a Fashion Merchandiser
- Top Criminal Justice Degree Program - Phoenix, AZ
- Top School in San Bernardino, CA, for a Psychology Degree
- Music Merchandiser: Overview of Music Merchandising Career Education