Top Greenville, SC, Computer & Information Technology Degrees
A few schools in the Greenville area have computer and information technology programs. Read on to find out more about what the top school has to offer for computer and information technology, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Information
Schools that offer programs in computer and information technology in and around the Greenville area include public, private not-for-profit and for-profit universities. . Based on its regional ranking and state-of-the-art computer labs, the following school is considered one of the top schools for studying computer and information technology:
- Winner: The University of South Carolina - Upstate offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Bachelor of Arts in Computer Information Systems, and a Master of Science in Informatics.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of South Carolina - Upstate|
|Rankings||#3 Top Public Regional College in the South (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$ 10,198 (in-state); $20,226 (out-of-state)**|
|Computer and Information Technology Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and Master's|
|Computer and Information Technology Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||56**|
|Most Popular Computer and Information Technology Degree Level in 2013||Bachelor's (56 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||40%**|
|Noteworthy||The bachelor's degree program computer science is accredited by ABET; students can join the Computer Science Club, and have access to Linux labs***|
Sources: *U.S. News and World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***University of South Carolina -Upstate
University of South Carolina Upstate
- Information management systems degree can be completed during the day or evening in Greenville
- Facilities include smart classrooms, computer labs and tutoring labs
- Students can complete internships with major corporations in the area
The University of South Carolina - Upstate is located in Spartanburg, SC, and classes are also offered at the University Center in Greenville, SC. The Division of Mathematics and Computer Sciences within the College of Arts and Sciences at USC - Upstate offers computer science and information technology related programs at both locations.
At USC - Upstate, students can earn a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, which is a 120 credit-hour program. Courses include computer architecture, algorithmic design, computer security and data structures as well as liberal arts courses. The Bachelor of Arts in Computer Information Systems includes courses in computer science, networks, database design and information systems hardware and software. Students in the Master of Science in Informatics program have the option of specializing in health informatics. Main coursework covers topics in information architecture and system innovation.
Related to Top Greenville, SC, Computer & Information Technology Degrees
- Recently Updated
Computer information technology certificate programs are available with a variety of specializations, such as networking,...
Students looking to study information technology in Tallahassee have a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local...
Research master's degree programs in computer information technology. Get details about admission requirements, courses and...
Learn about the curriculum and requirements of an associate's degree program in computer information technology. Read about...
- Top Columbus School for a Computer Information Technology Degree
- Post-Baccalaureate Computer Information Technology Degree Info
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking & Security
- Chemical Engineer: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Chief Tax Officer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Robotic Scientist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Job Description of a Heavy Construction Equipment Operator