Top Ranked Business Accounting Degree Programs - Nashville, TN
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt University is a 4-year, private school that has one of the top-ranked business schools in the nation. The Owen Graduate School of Management offers individuals wanting to pursue a career in business accounting a Master of Accountancy degree program.
Vanderbilt University's Owen Graduate School of Management
Vanderbilt University, founded in 1873 in Nashville, TN, offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The university currently houses ten schools, a medical center and The Freedom Forum First Amendment Center. U.S. News and World Report ranked Vanderbilt as one of the top twenty national universities in 2011. The student body was comprised of over 12,000 students in 2010-2011. The undergraduate student-faculty ratio was 8:1, with 65% of classes having fewer than 20 students in attendance.
Established in 1969, the Owen Graduate School of Management is one of the most popular colleges, with nearly 600 students enrolled. Students have great opportunities to gain experiences with internships and special projects. In addition, Owen offers four Research and Learning Centers to encourage collaborative efforts with other colleges within Vanderbilt.
Business Accounting Degree Program
Master of Accountancy
This 1-year, full-time program offers intense training and prepares graduates to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Students experience an orientation that covers topics in ethical leadership and communication before taking courses to develop their foundational accounting skills. In their second semester, students can choose to earn on-the-job training in public accounting through an intensive internship with a professional accounting firm; otherwise, they can take electives. These paid internships help students build written and oral communication, critical-thinking and accounting skills. Prior to graduation, students complete a Becker CPA review course before sitting for the exam.
Small class sizes and courses taken with Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Finance students allow accounting students to make professional connections with other future business leaders. Graduates have been groomed for immediate employment and usually find careers with leading professional accounting firms. Courses typically required for this degree program include financial reporting, information systems, managerial accounting, auditing, taxation and business law.
Related to Top Ranked Business Accounting Degree Programs - Nashville, TN
- Recently Updated
Because accounting is a core function of any business, business degree programs include basic accounting courses and...
Established in 1798, the University of Louisville in Kentucky welcomes more than 22,000 students each year. Students...
California State University, Sacramento, also called Sacramento State, has been part of California's university system...
Accountants are an essential part of a successful business. Individuals with interest in math and business may find...
- Top Degree Programs for Business Accounting - San Antonio, TX
- Business Accounting Technology Degree Program Information
- Associate of Business: Accounting Degree Overview
- Top Ranked Computer Security and Network Security Degree Program - Atlanta, GA
- Top Computer Technology University - Indianapolis, IN
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design and Multimedia - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Business Accounting Degree Programs - New York, NY
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration (ASBA): Accounting Degree Overview
- Top Degrees in Business Accounting - Austin, TX
- Top School for a Graphic Design, Web Design, or Multimedia Degree - Atlanta, GA
- Top School for a Public Administration Degree - Fremont, CA
- Top Ranked University with an Information Technology Major - San Francisco, CA
Perfect School Search
- Tennessee Cities
- Nearby States