Top Ranked Nursing Degree Programs - Oklahoma City, OK
Students interested in studying nursing in the Oklahoma City area have a number of schools to choose from. Read about the top school's degree programs, ranking and tuition info to help you decide on the school for you.
School and Ranking Information
Oklahoma City and the surrounding areas within 10 miles have mostly non-profit 4-year schools that offer nursing programs. As a result of program variety and rankings, the following school is one of the best in the area for a nursing degree:
- Winner: Oklahoma City University is a non-profit 4-year school right in the city that offers degrees in the discipline. The university has undergraduate and graduate nursing degrees.
School Info Chart
|Category||Oklahoma City University|
|Rankings||Tied at #25 for Universities in the West (2015)*|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK|
|School Type||4-year, private non-profit|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$29,426**|
|Nursing Degrees Offered||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate|
|Nursing Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||212**|
|Most Popular Nursing Degree Level in 2013||Bachelor's (190 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||61%**|
|Noteworthy||OKCU's graduate nursing program has been ranked as tied at #166 nationally (2011)*; This institution has numerous nursing student groups that include the Student Nurses Association***|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***Oklahoma City University website
Oklahoma City University
- BSN graduates have a 100% job placement rate within a month of program completion
- The School of Nursing does not have a waiting list for the BSN program, but instead admits each applicant deemed qualified
- The nursing school's BSN, master's and Doctor of Nursing Practice are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
Oklahoma City University is attended by around 3,000 students, with approximately 40% being graduate students. There are numerous opportunities for student engagement at OKCU with its over 80 different student groups.
The Kramer School of Nursing offers a variety of nursing programs. The traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing program requires courses on nursing research, health assessment and leadership in the field. The nursing school also has a BSN program designed as being a student's second undergraduate degree. The RN to BSN offering has a convenient structure that features online classes and classes held on campus for less than five hours a week collectively. The Master of Science in Nursing has a core that includes courses on nursing informatics and research in addition to a project. MS students have option of a nursing education or leadership focus. One of the doctoral offerings, the Doctor of Nursing Practice, is intended for students who either have completed a master's in nursing or who have a BSN. This doctorate features an administrative as well as a clinical track. The nursing PhD program prepares students for teaching and research roles and some of the coursework includes grant writing and instructional design developments.
Related to Top Ranked Nursing Degree Programs - Oklahoma City, OK
- Recently Updated
As many career-seekers know, healthcare is one of the most rapidly expanding fields, and a projected nurse shortage is making...
A nursing license is a required credential for all registered nurses practicing in the United States. Get some quick facts...
Graduate nursing scholarships are available from private foundations, non-profit organizations and the federal government....
Nursing informatics careers combine healthcare and computer sciences with information technology. Professionals in this field...
- Cardiac Nurse: Career Education for This Nursing Profession
- Oncology Nurse: Learn About This Specialized Nursing Field
- Geriatric Nurse: Educational Requirements for Geriatric Nursing
- Medical Physiology Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Top Ranked Criminal Justice Degree Program - Indianapolis, IN
- Top Accounting and Financial Management Degree Programs - Memphis, TN
- Top School for a Degree in Public Administration - Fort Lauderdale, FL