Top Ranked Pharmacy Technician School - Cincinnati, OH
Many schools in the Cincinnati, OH, area have top ranking pharmacy technician programs. Read on to find out more about what these top schools have to offer for pharmacy technicians, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Information
Many of the institutions offering pharmacy technician programs within 50 miles of Cincinnati are for-profit schools. Based on distinction, student population and number of certificates awarded, the following college is considered a top school in or near Cincinnati for pharmacy technician studies:
- Winner: Sinclair Community College is the largest public school within 50 miles of Cincinnati that offers studies for aspiring pharmacy technicians. It awards the highest number of certificates in this field of study in the Cincinnati area. The program is offered through the school's Health Sciences Division.
School Info Chart
|Category||Sinclair Community College|
|Rankings||#8 associate's degree in health professions producer among 2-year colleges (2013)*|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $2,304 (in-district); $3,432 (in-state); $6,600 (out-of-state)**|
|Pharmacy Technician Levels Offered||Certificate|
|Pharmacy Technician Certificates Awarded in 2012-2013||34**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||11%**|
|Noteworthy||Pharmacy technician classes are offered online and on campus; Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission (NCAHLC)|
Sources: *Community College Week; **NCES College Navigator
Sinclair Community College
- Combines classroom instruction with hands-on simulated practice
- Prepares students to take Ohio's Pharmacy Tech Board Examination I
- Allied Health Department works with local medical facilities to help job-seeking students after completion of a program
Located in downtown Dayton, Sinclair Community College has one of the largest community college campuses in the country. This 2-year college offers university transfer and career programs resulting in certificates and associate degrees. The Allied Health Department of the Life and Health Sciences Division of Sinclair offers a variety of certificates in the health field, including the pharmacy technician certificate.
The short term pharmacy technician certificate program teaches students how to work with pharmacists in a wide variety of environments, including hospitals and nursing homes. This program requires the completion of 43 credit hours, which can be obtained after three quarters of coursework. Students can expect to take courses in basic medical terminology, fundamentals of disease processes and allied health informatics. Additionally, students are required to take foundational courses in science, math and English.
Related to Top Ranked Pharmacy Technician School - Cincinnati, OH
- Recently Updated
Research online pharmacy technician diploma programs. Get information about online courses, certification options, requirements...
Learn about associate degree programs dedicated to aspiring pharmacy technicians. Read about program objectives and required...
Pharmacy technicians prepare and dispense prescriptions under the direction of a licensed pharmacist. Registration and...
Research the requirements to become a pharmacy technician. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the...
- Online Pharmacy Technician Degree Program Information
- Pharmacy Technician: Educational Overview
- Associate of Specialized Technology - Pharmacy Technician Degree
- Top School in Orlando for a Career in Automotive Technology
- Top Ranked Psychology Degree Programs - Chicago, IL
- Top School in Reno for an Accounting Degree
- Top University for a Degree in Business Administration - Anaheim, CA
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician: Career Info & Education Requirements
- Pharmacy Technician Instructor: Education and Career Requirements
- Top School in Kansas City, MO, for an Information Technology Degree
- Property and Casualty Actuary: Job Description and Requirements
- Top School in Baltimore to Become a Computer Programmer
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- C - M
- N - Y
- Nearby States