Top Ranked School for Medical Assisting Degrees - Indianapolis, IN
Indianapolis, IN, has about eight schools with programs in medical assisting. Find the best program for you by reading about one schools' program offerings and tuition info.
School and Ranking Information
Nearly all of the schools in Indianapolis that have medical assisting programs are for-profit institutions, but there is also one public community college offering programs in this field. Based on school distinctions, school type and number of credentials awarded in the field of study, the following college is considered a top school for medical assisting in Indianapolis:
- Winner: Ivy Tech Community College is the only public institution in Indianapolis that offers programs in medical assisting. The college also granted the highest number of awards in this field of study in 2012-2013 when compared to the other schools in the city. Students here can earn a certificate or 2-year degree in medical assisting.
School Info Chart
|Category||Ivy Tech Community College|
|Distinctions||Largest state community college system in the U.S. and largest postsecondary institution in Indiana*|
|School Type||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $3,605 (in-state); $7,632 (out-of-state)**|
|Medical Assisting Programs Offered||Certificate and associate's degree|
|Medical Assisting Certificates and Degrees Awarded in 2012-2013||1,219**|
|Most Popular Medical Assisting Level in 2012-2013||Certificate (614 awarded)**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||9%**|
|Noteworthy||Medical assisting programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)|
Sources: *Ivy Tech Community College; **NCES College Navigator
Ivy Tech Community College - Central Indiana
- Medical assisting studies include clinical and administrative externships
- Medical assisting programs are offered at all Ivy Tech Community College locations
- Graduates prepared to sit for national medical assisting certification exams
Ivy Tech Community College in Central Indiana is the parent institution of 13 campuses in the state. The college as a whole serves more than 200,000 students annually and offers approximately 150 academic programs and concentrations, falling into divisions ranging from technology to business to health sciences. The medical assisting certificate and associate's degree programs can be found in the college's School of Health Sciences and are available on all 13 campuses, including the Central Indiana campus in Indianapolis.
The Technical Certificate in Medical Assisting program requires the completion of 45 credits. Students take courses in clinical practices and processes as well as insurance coding, laboratory techniques, medical office procedures and administrative responsibilities. Courses in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and pharmacology are also required. The 60-credit Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting program includes the same courses as those found in the certificate program, in addition to one focusing on disease conditions. The 2-year degree program also requires that students complete general education courses that include mathematics, science and communications.
Related to Top Ranked School for Medical Assisting Degrees - Indianapolis, IN
- Recently Updated
Read information about advanced medical assisting studies at the associate's degree level. Find curricula details, continuing...
A degree in medical assisting can prepare an individual for clinical and administrative work in many healthcare settings....
Learn about Associate of Science in Medical Assisting programs. Get information about coursework, career growth, salary...
Research Associate of Applied Science degree programs that can prepare you to become a medical or clinical assistant. Learn...
- Top Schools with Medical Assisting Programs
- Career Info for a Degree in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting: Program Information
- Top Business Finance Degree Programs - San Diego, CA
- Customs Inspector: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Career Info for a Social Services or Public Administration Degree
- Top School in Troy, MI, for a Visual Communications Degree
Perfect School Search
- A - H
- I - N
- N - W
- Nearby States