Top School for Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Orlando, FL
Orlando, Florida has a few not-for-profit schools nearby offering pharmacy technician programs. Find the best program for you by reading about schools' locations, program offerings and tuition info.
Top Pharmacy Technician Programs in Orlando, Florida
There are a few not-for-profit schools offering pharmacy technician programs near Orlando, Florida. Technical Education Center Osceola, Winter Park Tech and Westside Tech are all less than 20 miles away from Orlando. All three schools offer pharmacy technician certificate programs and have graduation rates above 50%, as reported by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). The Technical Education Center Osceola wins with a 70% graduation rate and 39 certificates awarded during 2011-2012, as reported by the NCES. Winter Park Tech is the 1st runner up with the NCES reporting a 70% graduation rate and 9 certificates awarded during 2011-2012. Westside Tech is 2nd to Winter Park Tech with the NCES reporting a 53% graduation rate and 8 certificates awarded during 2011-2012.
School Comparison Chart
|Category||Technical Education Center Osceola||Winter Park Tech||Westside Tech|
|Location||Kissimmee, FL (19.2 miles from Orlando)||Orlando, Florida||Winter Garden, FL (14.4 miles from Orlando)|
|School Type||2-year, public||< 2-year, public||2-year, public|
|Tuition & Fees (2012-2013)||$4,800*||$3,702*||$3,395*|
|Pharmacy Technician Programs Offered||Certificate||Certificate||Certificate|
|Pharmacy Technician Certificates Awarded (all levels) in 2011-2012||39*||9*||8*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2008 Entering Class||70%*||70%*||53%*|
|Noteworthy||Technical Education Center Osceola is the sole adult technical center located in Osceola County **||One of the leading schools for career and technical education in Central Florida***||Westside Tech is a division of Orange County Public Schools****|
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **Technical Education Center Osceola, ***Winter Park Tech, ****Westside Tech .
Winner: Technical Education Center Osceola
- The NCES reports the student to teacher ratio was 17:1 in 2012
- Students may attend the pharmacy technician program full or part-time
- Must complete TABE test before entering pharmacy technician program
- School has an open admission policy
The pharmacy technician program at Technical Education Center Osceola requires 1,050 hours of coursework and practicum experience. After completing the program, students are eligible to obtain national certification by passing an exam. The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) is the only requirement to enter the program. There is a $25 fee to take this computer based test. Some areas of study in the pharmacy technician program include medical terminology, pharmacology and intravenous admixtures. The average entry level wage for program graduates in central Florida is $11.50, reported by the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation, Labor Market Statistics.
Runner-Up #1: Winter Park Tech
- The NCES reports the student to teacher ratio was 8:1 in 2012
- Pharmacy program holds an accreditation from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- The NCES reports this school has an open admission policy
The pharmacy technician program at Winter Park Tech prepares students for employment in hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies and the pharmaceutical industry. This program is available at the Avalon campus of Winter Park Tech located in Orlando. To enter the program, students must take the TABE test. It is strongly recommended students hold a high school diploma or GED. During the program, students will study basic pharmacology, preparation of IV solutions and pharmaceutical abbreviations. The average annual salary for pharmacy technicians in Orlando ranges from $28,000 to $48,000. Upon completion of the 1,050 hour program, students may become certified through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or The Institute for Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT).
Runner-Up #2: Westside Tech
- The NCES reports Westside Tech has an open admission policy
- Westside Tech does not accept dual credit, credit for life, or AP credits
- The NCES reports the student to teacher ratio was 9:1 in 2012
Westside Tech offers a 1,050 hour pharmacy technician program. During this program, students receive training in pharmacology, processing prescriptions and compounding. Once students have completed this program, it is highly recommended they seek National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). To gain employment in Florida, all aspiring pharmacy technicians must register with the Florida Board of Pharmacy Registration.
Related to Top School for Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Orlando, FL
- Recently Updated
Pharmacy technicians help pharmacists with patients and their prescriptions. This article discusses the education,...
Pharmacy technicians prepare and dispense prescriptions under the direction of a licensed pharmacist. Registration and...
Research the requirements to become a pharmacy technician. Learn about the job description and duties and read the step-by-step...
Research online pharmacy technician diploma programs. Get information about online courses, certification options, requirements...
- Associate of Pharmacy Technician: Degree Overview
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician: Career Info & Education Requirements
- Top School for a Pharmacy Technician Degree - San Jose, CA
- Personal Watercraft Marine Technician Career Info
- Masters in Educational Counseling: Degree Information
- Mammogram Technician Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Construction Science Professionals: Job & Career Info
- Pharmacy Technician: Top Ranked Pharmacy Technician School - Stockton, CA
- Pharmacy Technician Certification: Program Summary
- Tax Examiner: Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming a Tax Examiner
- Bank Financial Analyst: Job Outlook & Career Requirements
- How to Choose a School with Echocardiogram Technician Programs
Perfect School Search
- B - L
- L - O
- O - W
- Nearby States