Top Schools for Administrative Assistant
Find out which top schools offer programs for administrative assistants or secretaries. Read about the certificate and degree options at three of the top colleges, and find a table that lists other schools around the U.S. that provide training for administrative assistants.
Formal education programs for administrative assistants typically provide training in communications, scheduling and project management. Students also learn how to disseminate information to staff and clients and organize travel arrangements. Training for administrative assistants can be found at the three schools featured below, which include two community and one 4-year technical college. All three offer associate's degree programs for aspiring administrative assistants; students at Madison Area Technical College can also pursue a certificate program.
Top U.S. Schools with Programs for Administrative Assistants
1. Madison Area Technical College in Madison, WI
Madison Area Technical College (Madison College) is a 4-year public school that offers an online Administrative Professional Program that leads to an associate's degree. Once enrolled, students become familiar with the common computer software that administrative assistants often use on the job, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Dreamweaver. Madison College also has a Receptionist/Clerical and Office Assistant Certificate program for those who want to work in support or clerical roles. The college has five locations in the Madison area, as well as four regional campuses in nearby cities.
2. Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, VA
The 2nd-largest community college in the nation, Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is a 2-year public school with six campuses and four educational centers in the District of Columbia region. At the college, students can pursue an Associate of Applied Science in Business Management with a specialization in administrative support technology. Coursework includes topics in applied business math, accounting and computer business applications. Students also learn about marketing concepts and how to design a webpage.
3. CUNY Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn, NY
CUNY Kingsborough Community College (KCC) is an institutional member of the City University of New York (CUNY) system. The school offers several majors in business, including specialized studies in fashion design and retail merchandising. Students at KCC can earn an Associate of Applied Science in Office Administration and Technology with an optional track in medical office work. Aspiring professionals who choose the stenography track can prepare for a career as an executive, legal or school office assistant.
Ten Good Schools for Administrative Assistant Programs
|CUNY Kingsborough Community College||My Turn program enables New York City residents over age 60 to attend KCC for free||Brooklyn, NY|
|Florida State College at Jacksonville||Offers four administrative assistant programs: office administration, office support, office specialist and office management||Jacksonville, FL|
|Long Island Business Institute||Associate in Occupational Studies in Office Technology program with an optional concentration in medical office work||Flushing, NY|
|Madison Area Technical College||Madison College is frequently referred to as the 'guaranteed on-ramp' to the University of Wisconsin in Madison||Madison, WI|
|Northern Michigan University||Superior Edge is a leadership program open to all students||Marquette, MI|
|Northern Virginia Community College||NOVA was ranked as the top community college for business, management, marketing and other related services by Community College Week in 2011||Annandale, VA|
|Rochester Institute of Technology||Associate + Bachelor's degree program allows students enrolled in an associate's degree program to transfer into a bachelor's degree program after just seven quarters||Rochester, NY|
|Sierra College||Home of Sierra Press, the only academic press at a U.S. community college||Rocklin, CA|
|Suffolk County Community College||Largest community college in New York State||Selden, NY|
|Tidewater Community College||Offers optional for-credit field experience||Norfolk, VA|
Related to Top Schools for Administrative Assistant
- Recently Updated
Administrative assistants assist in running the operations of a business or department. Career education in this field can...
Bilingual administrative assistants may work in a number of different industries, but are usually assigned to work for a single...
Learn about the work a dental administrative assistant performs. Explore the education and training necessary, as well as...
Administrative assistants, or secretaries, perform clerical tasks and oversee the daily operations of offices. They are often...
- Legal Administrative Assistant: Job Duties and Requirements
- Construction Administrative Assistant: Job Description and Requirements
- HR Administrative Assistant: Job Duties and Requirements
- Top School in Columbus, Ohio, for a Digital Communication Degree
- Top School in Pittsburgh for a Restaurant Management Degree
- Polymer Engineering Education and Career Information
- Carpenter: Occupational Outlook & Training Requirements
- Corporate Administrative Assistant: Education Requirements & Career Info
- General Administrative Assistant: Duties, Requirements and Outlook
- Top College in Washington, DC, for Human Resource Management Courses
- LPN: Job Outlook and Career Profile
- Certified Nursing Assistant: Nurse Assistant Career Education Overview
- Pediatric EEG Technician Job Duties and Info About a Career in Pediatric Electroencephalography EEG Technology
- Naturopathic Treatment Practitioner Job Description and Requirements for a Career in Naturopathic Healing
- Graduate Schools in Missouri
- Hospital Administrative Assistant Career Info and Requirements for Becoming a Hospital Admin Assistant