Top Schools for Construction Engineering
Find out which top schools offer degree programs in construction engineering. Learn what three universities have to offer in terms of academic rankings and degree options, and use the table at the end of the resource to find other schools in the U.S. that offer programs for construction engineers.
Construction engineers are responsible for a broad range of construction projects, including roads, bridges and buildings. They coordinate with different professionals involved in the construction process, such as contractors, architects and project managers. Formal education programs, which can lead to a graduate degree in civil or construction engineering, can be found at the three schools featured below, each of which is nationally or regionally ranked.
Top U.S. Schools with Construction Engineering Programs
1. Stanford University in CA
U.S. News & World Report ranked Stanford University fifth among national universities in 2012. The university offers a Master of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Construction Engineering and Management.
2. Bradley University in Peoria, IL
U.S. News & World Report ranked Bradley University sixth among the best regional universities in the Midwest in 2012. The university offers an undergraduate program in construction and a graduate program in civil engineering with a concentration in construction.
3. University of Washington in Seattle
The University of Washington ranked 42nd among national universities in 2012 by U.S. News & World Report and is known as a commuter university with cutting-edge research. The university offers a master's degree in construction engineering, which is the only fully online master's degree program in the U.S. focused on that field.
List of Ten Good Construction Engineering Schools
|Bradley University||93% of graduates obtain employment within six months of graduation||Peoria, IL|
|California State University||Fieldwork experience requirement||Long Beach, CA|
|Iowa State University||Largest construction engineering program in the U.S.||Ames, IA|
|North Carolina State University||Listed as one of the best 376 colleges in the U.S. by The Princeton Review||Raleigh, NC|
|Oregon State University||Focus on outreach and research||Corvallis, OR|
|Stanford University||Faculty members include Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winners||Stanford, CA|
|University of North Texas||One of largest public universities in the U.S.||Denton, TX|
|University of Texas||Enrollment in the construction engineering program is limited to 50 students||Austin, TX|
|University of Toledo||Associate's and bachelor's degree programs available||Toledo, OH|
|University of Washington||Student-faculty ratio of 12 to 1||Seattle, WA|
Related to Top Schools for Construction Engineering
- Recently Updated
Construction engineering technology programs teach technical and managerial skills so that students can account for variables...
Construction engineering degree programs generally teach the engineering techniques and management principles that can be...
As construction projects become more complex and rely more heavily upon computer-aided designs, it is becoming increasingly...
Combining managerial and technical education, online construction engineering master's degree programs prepare graduates for...
- Career Information for a Degree in General Construction Engineering
- Career Info for a Degree or Certification in the Construction Trades
- Construction: Educational Requirements for Becoming a Plumber
- Top School in St. Louis for a Business Administration Degree
- Top Ranked MBA Program in Human Resource Management - Oklahoma City, OK
- Top School in San Bernardino, CA, for Graphic Design
- Beauty Advisor: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Dr. Lynford Goddard Talks Engineering Outreach with Education-Portal.com
- Learn About Construction in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Construction Blogs
- Certified Legal Assistant: Job Description & Requirements
- Top University in Des Moines, IA, for a Computer Aided Drafting Degree
- Top School in San Francisco for Interior Design Courses