Top Schools for Construction Engineering
Construction engineers are responsible for a broad range of construction projects, including roads, bridges and buildings. They coordinate with different professionals involved in the construction process, such as contractors, architects and project managers. Construction engineering is a specialty that requires an education available at many colleges and universities.
Top Construction Engineering Schools
1. Stanford University in CA
Stanford University was founded in 1885 in memory of Jane and Leland Stanford's son. The university offers a Master of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Construction Engineering and Management. U.S. News & World Report ranked Stanford University fifth among the best national universities in 2012.
2. Bradley University in Peoria, IL
Bradley University was founded in 1897. The university offers an undergraduate program in construction and a graduate program in civil engineering with a concentration in construction. U.S. News & World Report ranked Bradley University sixth among the best regional universities in the Midwest in 2012.
3. University of Washington in Seattle
The University of Washington is known as a commuter university with cutting-edge research. The University offers a master's degree in construction engineering which is the only fully online master's degree program in the U.S. focused on that field. The University of Washington was ranked 42nd among the best national universities in 2012 by U.S. News & World Report.
List of Ten Good Construction Engineering Schools
|Bradley University||93% of graduates obtain employment within six months after graduation||Peoria, IL|
|California State University||Fieldwork experience requirement||Long Beach, CA|
|Iowa State University||Largest construction engineering program in the U.S.||Ames, IA|
|North Carolina State University||Listed as one of the best 376 colleges in the U.S. by The Princeton Review||Raleigh, NC|
|Oregon State University||Focus on outreach and research||Corvallis, OR|
|Stanford University||Faculty includes Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winners||Stanford, CA|
|University of North Texas||One of largest public universities in U.S.||Denton, TX|
|University of Texas||Enrollment in construction engineering program limited to 50 students||Austin, TX|
|University of Toledo||Associate's and bachelor's programs available||Toledo, OH|
|University of Washington||Student-faculty ratio of 12 to 1||Seattle, WA|
Related to Top Schools for Construction Engineering
- Recently Updated
Construction engineering technology programs teach technical and managerial skills so that students can account for...
Construction engineers apply the principles of engineering and construction to build structures, ranging from bridges...
As construction projects become more complex and rely more heavily upon computer-aided designs, it is becoming...
Combining managerial and technical education, online construction engineering master's degree programs prepare...
- Career Information for a Degree in General Construction Engineering
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in the Construction Trades
- Construction: Educational Requirements for Becoming a Plumber
- Top Master's Degree Program in Health Care Management - Columbus, OH
- Top Ranked International Business Program - Arlington, VA
- Top Photography School - Cincinnati, OH
- Top School with Medical Assisting Education Programs - Dallas, TX
- Dr. Lynford Goddard Talks Engineering Outreach with Education-Portal.com
- Learn About Construction in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Construction Blogs
- Best School for a Master's in Health Care Management - Austin, TX
- Top Degree Programs in Surgical Technology - Indianapolis, IN
- Top University for a Degree in Nursing - Birmingham, AL