Top Schools for Domestic Animal Services
Students interested in careers in domestic animal services may work with pets, show animals or working animals. Education programs related to this field are available as certificate, associate degree and bachelor's degree programs in animal science, animal care or a related field that includes classes in domestic animal services. These programs typically include classroom and hands-on learning.
Top Schools with Programs Related to Domestic Animal Services
1. North Shore Community College in Danvers, MA
A suburban community college offering an animal care specialist program, this school enrolls about 8,000 undergraduate students each year. Students who want to work with domestic animals in the role of kennel operator, animal control officer, animal shelter worker, pet sitter or dog trainer may complete its Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) program. The curriculum includes cat and dog behavior and nutrition, dog training, avian science, small mammal care, general animal health and animal facilities management. An honors program is also available.
2. Yavapai College in Prescott, AZ
A 2-year public school set in a small urban area, Yavapai College enrolls about 8,400 undergraduate students each year. Students interested in a career providing domestic animal services may enroll in its 38-credit Animal Care and Management Certificate program. Course topics include equine science, aquaculture, domestic animal care and behavior, zoo animal care and behavior, and herpetoculture. Courses typically include classroom and lab work.
3. Central Wyoming College in Riverton, WY
Central Wyoming College is a remote 2-year public school offering equine studies programs. It's one of seven community colleges in the state and known as a regional cultural center. Students seeking a domestic animal services career in horsemanship, equine care and exhibition may enroll in the school's Associate of Science (A.S.) in Horse Science transfer program. Other educational and training options include the 29-credit hour equine training technology and teaching riding credentials.
List of Leading Schools for Domestic Animal Services
|Bakersfield College||A.S. in Animal Science program includes classes in companion animals||Bakersfield, CA|
|Becker College||Home to the Lenfest Animal Health Center||Worcester, MA|
|Berkshire Community College||Animal care certificate students perform hands-on work with dogs, cats, birds, livestock and horses||Pittsfield, MA|
|Central Wyoming College||Scholarships available based on animal science degree or field of study||Riverton, WY|
|Marshalltown Community College||A.A.S. in Agriculture degree offers an animal science track with animal health and nutrition courses||Marshalltown, IA|
|North Shore Community College||Animal care specialist students may transfer into professional grooming or veterinary technology programs if qualified||Danvers, MA|
|Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College||One of less than two dozen schools nationwide offering B.S. in Equine Studies, including equine health, nutrition, handling and training||Saint Mary of the Woods, IN|
|University of Maryland||Animal science program includes domestic and aquatic animal care||College Park, MD|
|University of New Hampshire||The applied animal science program offers small animal care concentration||Durham, NH|
|Yavapai College||Offers A.A.S. in Agriculture Technology Management that include domestic animal care and behavior classes||Prescott, AZ|
Related to Top Schools for Domestic Animal Services
- Recently Updated
Degrees in domestic animal services provide training for animal-related careers. Animal lovers who hold these degrees...
Learn how to become a domestic animal endocrinologist. Research the job description and the education and licensing...
Learn how to become an animal services worker. Research the job description and the education and licensing...
Animal nurses - otherwise known as veterinary technicians, technologists or assistants - work alongside veterinarians...
- Animal Reproduction Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Become an Animal Welfare Specialist: Career Guide
- List of Free Online Animal Care Courses
- Top Human Resource Management Degree Programs - Miami, FL
- Top Ranked University with an Information Technology Major - San Francisco, CA
- Top Ranked University with Criminal Justice Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Top School for a Degree in Accounting and Finance - San Francisco, CA
- How to Become an Animal Behavioral Specialist: Career Guide
- How to Become an Animal Cruelty Investigator
- Top Ranked School for Operations Management Degrees - Jacksonville, FL
- Best University Degree Programs in HVAC Technology - Kansas City, MO
- Top CAD Drafting and Design Degree Programs - Houston, TX
- Teaching Degree Top Ranked University to Become a Teacher or School Administrator - Richmond VA
- Teaching Special Education Courses in Houston
- Web Design College Top Rated Web Design Education Programs - Greensboro NC
- Design Technology Courses Top School with Programs in CAD Drafting and Design Technology - Columbus Ohio