Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Distance Learning Courses
Electrical engineering is a specific branch of engineering that focuses on designing, implementing and maintaining electrical systems for practical use. Learn about some of the most common types of online electrical engineering courses.
Electrical engineers design and supervise the manufacturing of equipment that uses electricity, such as radar systems, automobiles and aircraft. Electrical engineering courses are available online through bachelor's degree programs or as free standalone courses for self-study. However, due to the technical, advanced nature of electrical engineering, some courses may involve on-campus study or fieldwork. Completion of an undergraduate program generally results in a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering. Electrical engineers may find employment in the computer science, aerospace engineering or biomedical engineering industries.
Besides an updated computer and Internet access, students enrolled in online electrical engineering courses may need specific software, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
List of Courses
The following descriptions detail some common online electrical engineering courses.
Signals and Systems Course
In this course, students learn the fundamentals of signal processing, feedback and control and communications. Engineering, physics and advanced math form the foundations of this course.
Electronics are studied with a concentration on the main devices like diodes and transistors. Digital circuit design is introduced. This course involves lab work in which experiments and projects are completed.
Computer Science Course
Computer systems are used by electrical engineers to aid in measurement and environment control. Computer networking and programming are discussed for software design and testing. This course may involve a lab component for technical practice and further discussion.
Artificial Intelligence Course
The focus of the course is on an introduction to representation, problem solving and learning abilities of artificial intelligence. Students concentrate on developing simple artificial intelligence systems from a computational perspective.
Related to Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Distance Learning Courses
- Recently Updated
Electrical engineers have a high starting salary but are expected to see slow job growth in the coming decade. Individuals who...
Learn about the work responsibilities of a electrical engineer. Find out what education and skills are necessary as well as...
Electrical engineering (EE) encompasses a wide range of topics and fields from computer engineering to electrical architecture....
With nearly 20,000 students in attendance, Boise State University in Boise, Idaho, is the largest higher-education institution...
- Associate of Electrical Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Top School in Omaha for an Electronics Technology Degree
- Salary and Career Info for an Electrical Engineering Technologist
- Become a Neuroradiologist: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Begin a Career in Biomedical Informatics: Salary and Career Information
- How to Become a Computer Information Technologist
- How to Become a Community Nurse: Education and Career Roadmap
- Electrical Engineering Technician: Salary, Duties, Outlook & Requirements
- 5 Universities with Free Online Electrical Engineering Courses
- Events Speaker: Job Description, Salary and Career Outlook
- Cosmetic Surgeon: Education Requirements and Career Information
- Business Planning Consultant: Education and Career Information