Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Distance Learning Courses
Electrical engineering courses are available online through bachelor's degree programs or free standalone courses for self-study. A distance learning course may be fully online; however, some bachelor's degree programs are hybrid with courses that include lab work. Completion of an undergraduate program generally results in a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering.
Overview of Online Electrical Engineering Courses
Electrical engineering is a specific branch of engineering which focuses on designing, implementing and maintaining electrical systems for practical use. Electrical engineers design and supervise the manufacturing of equipment that use electricity like radar systems, automobiles and aircraft. Electrical engineers may find employment in the computer science, aerospace engineering or biomedical engineering industries. Although electrical engineering undergraduate courses are available online, fully online programs may be more limited. Due to the technical, advanced nature of electrical engineering, some courses may involve study on-campus or in the field.
Courses require the use of a computer with Internet-access. Audio and video media players are often used for lectures. Textbooks may be incorporated with online learning for some courses. Web messaging boards and e-mail are used for communication with classmates or instructors. Some schools may have specialized teaching software available. Students may require additional software programs, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
List of Courses
Signals and Systems Course
In this course, students learn the fundamentals of signal processing, feedback and control and communications. Engineering, physics and advanced math form the foundations of this course.
Electronics are studied with a concentration on the main devices like diodes and transistors. Digital circuit design is introduced. This course involves lab work in which experiments and projects are completed.
Computer Science Course
Computer systems are used by electrical engineers to aid in measurement and environment control. Computer networking and programming are discussed for software design and testing. This course may involve a lab component for technical practice and further discussion.
Artificial Intelligence Course
The focus of the course is on an introduction to representation, problem solving and learning abilities of artificial intelligence. Students concentrate on developing simple artificial intelligence systems from a computational perspective.
Related to Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Distance Learning Courses
- Recently Updated
Electrical engineers have a high starting salary but are expected to see slow job growth in the coming decade....
Electrical Engineering - EE Professions: Employment Information and Requirements for Electrical Engineering Careers
Careers in Electrical Engineering are in high demand; electronic devices are prevalent throughout the world, and...
Electrical engineering (EE) encompasses a wide range of topics and fields from computer engineering to electrical...
With nearly 20,000 students in attendance, Boise State University in Boise, Idaho, is the largest higher-education...
- Associate of Electrical Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Electronics Technology and Electrical Engineering - Omaha, NE
- Salary and Career Info for an Electrical Engineering Technologist
- Top Bachelor's Degree Program in Computer Information Systems - Houston, TX
- Top Ranked Criminal Justice Degree Program - Indianapolis, IN
- Top University with an Interior Design Degree Program - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Information Systems Management - Cleveland, OH
- Electrical Engineering Technician: Salary, Duties, Outlook and Requirements
- 5 Universities with Free Online Electrical Engineering Courses
- Top Ranked University for a Master's Degree in Business Finance - San Francisco, CA
- Top School for a Criminal Justice Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Top School for a Psychology Degree - Phoenix, AZ