Volvo Automotive Service Technician: Career Information and Requirements for Becoming a Volvo Automotive Service Technician
To become a Volvo Automobile Service Technician, you must have a high school diploma and be Automotive Service Excellence Certified (ASE) certified. Not only will an ASE certificate allow you to work as a technician, you can also work on vehicles in the Armed Forces.
Volvo Automobile Service Technician Career Definition
A Volvo Automobile Service Technician works to repair vehicles and maintain them in accordance with Volvo factory standards. Volvo Automobile Service Technicians will receive repair orders or need to diagnose any problems or malfunctions in Volvo vehicles.
How to Become a Volvo Automobile Service Technician
Education Requirements for a Volvo Automobile Service Technician
Most employers require at least a high school diploma or GED to work as a Volvo Service Technician. It is also recommended that you are Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified. Some employers may offer specialized on-the-job career training in the repair of Volvo automobiles.
Skills Required for a Volvo Automobile Service Technician
To be a Volvo Automobile Service Technician, you must learn how to repair, inspect and maintain Volvo vehicles. Not only to Volvo Automobile Service Technicians need to learn about the parts of a Volvo vehicle, but the computers programs that run within the automobile as well.
Economic and Career Outlook for a Volvo Automobile Service Technician
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics www.bls.gov, most Volvo Automobile Service Technicians work by the hour, with the average hourly wage over $16.00 an hour. Career opportunities are expected to grow steadily over the next decade, although economic factors, including the cost of gasoline and diesel fuel may adversely impact career opportunities.
Related to Volvo Automotive Service Technician: Career Information and Requirements for Becoming a Volvo Automotive Service Technician
- Recently Updated
Ford Automotive Service Technician: Job Description and Requirements for a Career As a Ford Technician
Ford Automotive Service Technicians diagnose, repair and maintain Ford-manufactured automobiles and trucks for Ford...
Automotive Service Technician: Job Outlook and Information About Starting a Career As an Auto Service Technician
A career as an Automotive Service Technician typically requires a certificate or associate's degree in Automotive...
Toyota Automotive Service Technician: Job Description and Information for Those Interested in Servicing Toyota Automobiles
Toyota Automotive Service Technicians are certified mechanics who work at Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Many...
Learn how to become an automotive engineering technician. Research the education and career requirements, training...
- Automotive Engine Technician: Salary and Career Information
- Brake Repair Technician: Job Description and Info for Students Considering a Career in Automotive Brake Repair
- Computer Service Technician: Education and Career Information
- Top CAD Drafting and Design Degree Programs - Houston, TX
- Top School for a Graphic Design and Multimedia Degree - Atlanta, GA
- Top School for a Degree in Business Finance - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top School for Accounting and Finance - Charlotte, NC
- Automotive Technician Certificate: Diesel Technician Program Overview
- Japanese Automotive Repair Technician: Job Information and Training Requirements for a Career As a Japanese Automotive Repairer
- Top Ranked Business Administration and Business Management Degrees - Houston, TX
- Top Computer Information Technology Schools - Milwaukee, WI
- Top Networking Degree Program - Atlanta, GA