Top College in Greensboro, NC, for Web Design Education
Just one school in the Greensboro, NC, area has programs in Web design. Read on to find out what this top school has to offer for Web design, as well as tuition and degree information.
School and Ranking Info
There are no schools in Greensboro, NC, that offer programs in Web design. However, students who are willing to travel can find training at a community college in Winston-Salem, located about 30 miles from downtown Greensboro.
- Winner: Forsyth Technical Community College is a multi-site school with ten campuses and centers. At the main campus in Winston-Salem, students can pursue certificate or degree programs in Web technologies that includes coursework in Web design.
School Info Chart
|Category||Forsyth Technical Community College|
|School Type||2-year; public|
|Tuition and Fees (2013-2014)|| Undergraduate: $1,962 (in-state);|
|Web Technologies Awards Offered||Certificates and associate's degree|
|Web Technologies Certificates and Degrees Awarded (all levels) in 2013||8*|
|Most Popular Web Technologies Program Level in 2013||Associate's (7 awarded)*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||14%*|
|Noteworthy||The Career Services Office offers interviewing and résumé assistance, an employment database and job fairs|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Forsyth Technical Community College
- Students in the Business and Information Technology Division train in new computer labs
- Students in Web technologies and related programs who are preparing to graduate can apply for the Jim Pierson iTEC Center Certification Scholarship
- The AAS in Web Technologies is offered during the day and evening
- Web technologies students acquire advanced design skills
Forsyth Technical Community College enrolls approximately 9,530 students and offers more than 200 academic transfer, certificate, diploma and associate degree programs. Over 25 of the programs are available entirely online. Through the Business and Information Technology Division, students can find certificate and degree programs in business, computer studies, health information technologies and office administration, among other occupational areas. Those who pursue certificates or associate's degrees in Web technologies learn how to design, develop, operate and maintain websites.
The 18-credit Certificate in Web Technologies - Social Media program includes courses in Web markup and scripting, emerging Web technologies and Web graphics. The Certificate in Web Technologies - Mobile Applications includes some of the same classes, and also includes courses in mobile interface design. The 68-credit Associate in Applied Science in Web Technologies curriculum includes additional instruction in database driven websites, security, Web scripting and XML technologies. Students also learn about computer logic and programming, information systems, operating systems and Web server architecture. This program takes five semesters to complete and includes a summer term.
Related to Top College in Greensboro, NC, for Web Design Education
- Recently Updated
See our list of the top free online web design courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to...
Although sometimes used synonymously, Web design and Web development are two different disciplines. Web design focuses on how a...
Students interested in studying web design in San Francisco, CA have about 17 schools to choose from. Read about the top...
Union University in Jackson, Tennessee, is a 4-year, private university located about 80 miles east of Memphis. Students...
- Jobs You Get With a Bachelors Degree in Web Design and Development
- Web Design: Top Rated Web Design School - Nashville, TN
- Top School in Pittsburgh for Web Design Courses
- Detention Officer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Legal Counsel Jobs: Career Options, Duties and Requirements
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse: Job Description and Requirements
- Company Spokesperson: Job Description and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- North Carolina Cities
- Nearby States
- Boone, NC Schools
- Cary, NC Schools
- Charlotte, NC Schools
- Concord, NC Schools
- Cullowhee, NC Schools
- Durham, NC Schools
- Greensboro, NC Schools
- Greenville, NC Schools
- High Point, NC Schools
- Huntersville, NC Schools
- Matthews, NC Schools
- Mooresville, NC Schools
- Morrisville, NC Schools
- Raleigh, NC Schools