Top School in Greenville, SC, for Web Design Courses and Training
Students who are interested in studying Web design in the extended Greenville, SC, area have several schools to choose from. Read about one top school's degree programs, tuition and ranking info to see if it's the right one for you.
School and Ranking Info
There are roughly seven schools within 100 miles of Greenville, SC, that offer programs in Web design, and these include colleges in Georgia and North Carolina. At the more affordable of the two closest public schools, students will find formal Web application programs that include courses in Web design.
- Winner: North Georgia Technical College is located about 65.5 miles away from Greenville, SC, in Clarkesville, GA. This 2-year school offers a certificate, diploma and degree program for internet specialists working in Web application development.
School Info Chart
|Category||North Georgia Technical College|
|School Type||2-year; public|
|Tuition and Fees (2013-2014)|| Undergraduate: $2,576 (in-state);|
|Web Application development Awards Offered||Certificate, diploma and associate's degree|
|Web Application Development Awards Conferred (all levels) in 2012-2013||10*|
|Most Popular Web Application Development Program in 2012-2013||Associate's degree (7 awarded)*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2010 Entering Class||30%*|
|Noteworthy||Career Services Office assists students with employment and professional development skills|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
North Georgia Technical College (NGTC)
- Web application development programs include specializations in C# or Java programming
- Web application development programs train in both Microsoft and open source programming
- AAS in Web Application Development program includes a 3-credit internship or project
- Extracurricular activities include the National Technical Honor Society and SkillsUSA, through which students can participate in national, regional or state competitions
North Georgia Technical College is a multi-campus, rural school that offers certificate, diploma and degree programs in nearly 30 different areas, such as those related to business, engineering, and health care technology. The college has an annual student enrollment of approximately 2,440. Through its computer information systems program, NGTC offers a Certificate, Diploma and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Internet Specialist Web Application Development. Applicants to the certificate program must interview with a computer information systems faculty member; those with insufficient knowledge of the subject may have to complete prerequisite coursework.
The certificate program is designed for professionals with prior training in information technology (IT) and requires 35 credits to complete. Instruction specific to website design can be found through the courses in scripting technologies and Web development; students also learn about programming, structured query language (SQL) and Web technologies. Many of these courses can be found in the 54-credit diploma program, which requires a general education core and additional training in IT analysis and design. Both the diploma and the 64-credit associate degree programs include introductory coursework in computer concepts and technology.
Related to Top School in Greenville, SC, for Web Design Courses and Training
- Recently Updated
Few schools in the Richmond, VA, area have top ranking Web design programs. Read on to find out more about what these top...
Students interested in studying Web design in Miami, FL, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about a top local...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a costume designer. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as...
Students interested in studying web design in Santa Monica, CA, have few schools to choose from. Read about the top local...
- Top School for Becoming a Fashion Designer - Atlanta, GA
- Printed Circuit Board Designer: Job Description & Requirements
- Top School in Tucson for Becoming a Web Designer
- Career Info for a Pre-Theology & Pre-Ministerial Studies Degree
- Real Estate Appraiser: Education & Career Requirements
- Linguistic Anthropologist: Career Information and Requirements
- Dental Assistant: How Do I Start a Career in Dental Assisting?