Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
A childcare exam may be taken online through a specific nonprofit organization, International Nanny Association. This article details that exam, requirements, stipulations and the organization that offers it.
Childcare Online Exam: Overview
The International Nanny Association (INA) offers an online exam in childcare for in-home childcare workers. INA is a nonprofit organization that has been around since 1985, serving the needs of childcare workers and others within the industry as well as providing resources and information. Members of INA include nannies, nanny agencies, nanny employers, industry service providers and educators.
INA offers a credentialed examination, which can be taken online. It requires that the nanny has worked at least 2,000 hours as an in-home nanny. This is the equivalent of a year of full-time work. In addition to this, the test-taker must be certified in infant or child CPR and first aid. The applicant must find a proctor who administers the exam. A score of 70% is required to pass. Once the nanny passes, he or she receives a certificate in the mail, and the person's name is placed on the INA members list. The exam is composed of 90 multiple-choice questions and accessible through the INA website.
Many issues are tested on the exam. They may include child development, guidance, safety, nutrition, management skills, health, multicultural awareness and a nanny's personal qualities. The basic understanding of these concepts demonstrates the test-taker's knowledge of healthy environments for children, the characteristics of a health care provider and the ability to communicate with children in order to help them develop and keep them safe.
An exam booklet is provided through the INA website. This booklet provides sample questions, concerning the child's physical development, the nutrients which should be included on a child's daily menu and when attention deficit disorder is most commonly diagnosed.
Retaking the Exam
If the nanny doesn't pass this exam, he or she may retake it after six months. INA recommends that the nanny enrolls in a nanny education program and attends childcare conferences and workshops, which detail childcare education.
Related to Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Recently Updated
While not legally mandatory for child care workers, an associate degree is commonly required by employers in the...
Child care management involves planning, directing and coordinating activities in preschools and child care centers....
Students interested in managing a child care facility can attain a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Child Care...
Child care management programs teach students about the developmental needs of children and provide them with business...
- What Is a Child Care Specialist?
- How to Become a Child Care Director: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Be a Licensed Child Care Administrator: Licensure and Career Info
- Top University with Human Resource Management Degree Programs - Phoenix, AZ
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Construction Management - Arlington, VA
- Top University with an Information Technology Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Top Continuing Teacher Education Programs - Indianapolis, IN
- Child Care Administration Degree and Training Program Overviews
- Be a Child Care Counselor: Education and Career Roadmap
- Top Degree Programs in Electronics - Anaheim, CA
- Top CAD and Design Technology Degree Programs - Dallas, TX
- Top Ranked University with an Information Technology Major - San Francisco, CA