Associates Degrees in Business Management with Course Info
Students in business management associate degree programs study finance, accounting, operations, communications and other skills necessary for business leadership positions. Graduates qualify for entry-level management positions in corporate, public and non-profit organizations.
Associate of Applied Science in Business Management
Associate degrees in business management are typically offered as 2-year programs, but part-time and online programs, which allow for schedule flexibility, are also common. An associate degree program seeks to provide students with a broad foundation of business theory and technical skills that can be applied to various types of business operations. Many programs emphasize technology and computer programs used for data processing, bookkeeping, accounting, statistics and office administration.
Associate degrees in business management are offered by university business schools and community colleges. While most universities require students to submit high school transcripts as well as SAT or ACT test scores for admission, community colleges offer open enrollment to students with a GED or high school diploma.
Students can expect to complete 60-70 credits in general education and business coursework in order to earn an associate degree in business management. Coursework covers:
- Business principles
- Business law
- Business management
- Business technology
Popular Career Options
Graduates with an associate degree in business management are qualified for entry- and intermediate-level managerial positions in service, industry, manufacturing, government and non-profit organizations.
- Department manager
- Human resource manager
- Banking manager
- Marketing manager
While graduates with an associate's degree in business management are trained for postgraduate employment, many go on to pursue bachelor's and master's degrees in business administration or more focused areas of business, such as human resources, accounting or marketing. These degree programs include further general education and business theory instruction and prepare students for upper-level management positions. Students enrolled in business management programs at community colleges frequently take advantage of articulation agreements with local 4-year colleges and universities and transfer their associate degree credits.
Related to Business Management Associate Degree
- Recently Updated
The University of California, Irvine offers one undergraduate and two graduate degrees in business management. The...
Organizations need managers who help oversee day-to-day operations and look to the future. Many postsecondary schools...
Commonly, a bachelor's degree in business management is earned in about four years of full-time study. However, as...
Are you interested in pursuing a degree in business management but are unsure what you can do with such a degree? Are...
- Salary for Graduates with a Masters Degree in Business Management
- Online Schooling Options for Business Management
- Top Ranked Business Management Degree - Cincinnati, OH
- Best School for Interior Design Degrees - Chicago, IL
- Best Degree Programs for Information Systems Management - Fresno, CA
- Top Architectural Drafting and CAD Degree Programs - Chicago, IL
- Top Ranked Business School for a Business Administration Degree - New York, NY
- Bachelor of Business Management: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Business (BB): Financial Management Degree Overview
- Best School for Electronics and Electrical Engineering - Phoenix, AZ
- Best Degree Programs for Architecture and Architectural Drafting - Denver, CO
- Top School for an Associate Degree in CAD Drafting and Architectural Design - Atlanta, GA