Broadcasting Schools in Oregon with Degree Program Descriptions
Oregon has two schools that offer broadcasting programs. Learn about the programs, tuition info and program options for these schools to make an informed education decision.
There are only two schools in Oregon with programs geared specifically toward broadcasting. One school offers a bachelor's program in journalism with a broadcasting concentration, and another provides an associate's degree program that prepares students for a variety of broadcasting positions. Students receive practical experience through a variety of fieldwork both on and off campus, including working with TV studios and radio stations.
George Fox University
Located in Newberg, George Fox University offers a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism with a broadcast concentration. Core requirements for the journalism major include courses in grammar and editing, mass media and popular culture, persuasive communication and broadcast news. The broadcast concentration requires students to complete 18 hours of coursework. This curriculum covers digital media production, broadcast news and public relations and offers a slate of electives, such as video editing, camera and lighting, event video production and documentary production. Students enrolled in the broadcast concentration are also required to complete one semester each of on- and off-campus field experiences.
- Program Offered: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism - Broadcast Concentration
- Tuition & Fees (2012): $30,230*
- School Type & Setting: Four-year; private, not-for-profit; fringe town
Mt. Hood Community College
Mt. Hood Community College in Gresham offers an associate's degree program that can help students develop the skills needed for a career in broadcasting. Students learn how to produce audio for film sound design, the Internet, video games and musical productions. The curriculum provides students with the background suitable for various positions in the broadcasting industry, including recording engineer, sound editor, broadcaster, assistant producer and radio program director. Topics covered include digital systems, project development, media writing and reporting. This six-semester program offers students hands-on training at the school's broadcasting facilities, which consist of two television studios, a Macintosh computer lab and four radio production and control rooms. Students have the opportunity to receive experience at the college's radio station, which broadcasts every day of the year.
- Program Offered: Associate of Applied Science in Integrated Media: Broadcasting
- Tuition & Fees (2012): $4,579 in-state; $9,979 out-of-state*
- School Type & Setting: Two-year; public; large suburb
School Comparison: At a Glance
|School Name||School Type and Setting||Broadcast Degrees Offered||Undergraduate Tuition and Fees (2012-2013)|
|George Fox University||Four-year; private, not-for-profit; fringe town||Bachelor of Arts in Journalism - Broadcast Concentration||$30,230*|
|Mt. Hood Community College||Two-year; public; large suburb||Associate of Applied Science in Integrated Media: Broadcasting||$4,579 in-state; $9,979 out-of-state*|
Source: *National Center for Education Statistics.
Related to Broadcasting School in Oregon
- Recently Updated
Students in Elgin, Illinois are getting a head start on learning about media production through the Broadcast Education and...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a broadcaster. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as...
Review various elements of a bachelor's degree program in broadcasting. Get info about highlighted topics of study and explore...
Broadcasting is generally offered as a bachelor's degree program with a major in communications or journalism. Continue reading...
- Broadcasting Director: Education Requirements and Career Info
- Cool Jobs in Open Education: Director of Multi-Platform Broadcasting
- List of the Top Sports Broadcasting Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Top University for a Degree in Public Administration - Henderson, NV
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician: Job Description & Certification Requirements
- Careers in Private Security: Job Options and Requirements
- Top School in Richmond, VA, for a Business Administration Degree
- List of Top Radio Broadcasting Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Careers in Radio Broadcasting: Options and Requirements
- Hydrogeologist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top Accounting and Financial Management University - Indianapolis, IN
- Top Rated Degree Program in Early Childhood Education - Memphis, TN