Agribusiness Class and Course Descriptions
An agribusiness degree program prepares students to work in the accounting, market advising, public relations and financial aspects of farm management and agriculture. Students complete a wide variety of courses in business and agricultural economics. Students will learn the ins and outs of running a farm or other agricultural business.
Food and Agribusiness Course
Students who study food and agribusiness will make complex and long-term decisions, and will need to learn how to address these issues. Students will complete an in-depth study of mergers and property rights as they relate to food and agriculture. Students in this course may complete a market analysis to show that they understand how managers and firms function when competition is low. This course is an ideal starting point for any agribusiness program.
Economics in Agribusiness Course
In this class, students will look at economic principles and how they can be applied to the challenges presented by agriculture and agribusiness. An examination of supply and demand, as well as cost minimization and profit maximization are essential for students who will be furthering their agribusiness studies. The course also examines agricultural monopolies and market structures.
Financial Management Course
An important skill for those working in the agribusiness field is the understanding of long-term investments, comparative financial analysis, capital structure and financial investments. This course is intended for students who are pursuing an undergraduate agribusiness major. Students will also be introduced to a variety of financial management principles and alternative investment opportunities.
International Business Course
Business with other countries will form a major part of agribusiness in the coming years. Because of this, students should complete a course in international business. In this class, students study the challenges of undertaking international business deals, including complex legislation, international cultural differences, economies and politics. Students will will gain an understanding of how to forecast the outcome of international agribusiness relations. This course emphasizes the importance of international trade agreements, like NAFTA.
Related to Class in Agribusiness
- Recently Updated
Agribusiness jobs traditionally focus on the agricultural industry but currently span a variety of career arenas....
Agribusiness, also known as agricultural business, is the study of business management in relation to farming. The...
Agribusiness, which is also called agricultural business, deals with the operations of a farm as well as the...
Agribusiness involves management of the many aspects of food systems, such as production, distribution and marketing....
- Agribusiness Online Degree: Overview of Programs
- Careers in Agricultural Economics: Job Options and Requirements
- Commercial Farming: Common Adult Education Programs for Commercial Farmers
- Top Ranked University Degree Program in Child Development - Bakersfield, CA
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design Degrees - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Degree Programs in Multimedia and Graphic Design - Bakersfield, CA
- Top International Business and Global Management Degree Programs - Dallas, TX
- Diploma in Animal Management: Program Information
- Careers in Agricultural Biology: Job Options and Requirements
- Top School for a Computer Engineering Degree - Atlanta, GA
- Top University with a Human Resource Management Degree Program - Long Beach, CA
- Top Ranked Communications Degree Program - San Francisco, CA