4. Information Technology Degrees
Information technology careers are a bit variable, and they don't weather recession periods as well as healthcare, education, or business. Experience can also add a lot of value to your resume, dropping unemployment for recent information systems grads from 11.7% to 5.4%. New computer science graduates have a better chance at getting a job, with an unemployment rate of only 7.8% (5.6% with experience). Software developers enjoy more stability than users and analysts. During good economic times, technology jobs tend to recover amply. You can often get started in the tech field with an associate degree and/or technical certifications, which can provide the experience you'll need to land higher-paying jobs. Adding a bachelor's or master's degree to your resume can improve your shot for management jobs in IT. Online options are available at every academic level, making working and going to school possible.
|Major||Unemployment Rate||Average Salary||Education Info|
|Information Systems||5.4%*||$68,000*||Information Systems Degrees|
|Computer Science||5.6%*||$81,000*||Computer Science Degrees|
|Computer Engineering||5.0%*||$89,000*||Computer Engineering Degrees|
(*Source: Hard Times: Not All College Degrees Are Created Equal; unemployment rate and salary based on experienced college graduate)< Previous | Next >
Related to 4. Information Technology Degrees
- Recently Updated
Norfolk, Massachusetts has many schools with programs in information technology. Find the best program for you by reading about...
Students interested in studying information technology in Los Angeles have several schools to choose from. Read about the top...
San Jose has few schools with programs in information technology. Find the best program for you by reading about schools'...
Learn about associate's degree programs in information technology (IT). Read on to research program curricula, admission...
- Student Thomas Turner Talks to Education-Portal.com About Information Technology at FSU
- Job Growth in the Next Decade: Information Technology
- IT Technician: Job Description & Education Requirements
- Computer Engineer: Starting a Career in Computer Engineering
- Clinical Systems Analyst: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner: Job Description & Requirements
- Top Master's Degree Program in Health Care Management - Columbus, OH