CNA Certification in Massachusetts with School Overviews
There are eight schools in Massachusetts that offer certified nurse aide (CNA) training programs. Read an overview of these programs, requirements and tuition info and find out which school is the right one for you.
There are a total of eight schools in Massachusetts that offer CNA training programs. Of these eight schools, only four are non-profit institutions. Each of the programs offered by these four schools prepare graduates to take the state's certification exams.
Massachusetts requires that nurse aides complete training programs and pass state exams as part of the certification process. Upon passage of the certification exams, nurse aides in the state are placed on a registry for active employment. Read about the available CNA training programs offered at the following four non-profit institutions.
Bunker Hill Community College
Located in Boston, Bunker Hill Community College offers a nurse aide/home health aide training program approved by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Nurse Aide Registry. This program requires completion of 7-course-credit hours, which takes one semester of study. Its curriculum includes a practicum. Graduates can work in long-term care facilities or private homes.
- Program Offered: Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide Training Program
- Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): $3,348 in-state; $8,328 out-of-state*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; large city*
Greater Lowell Technical School
This school, which is located in Tyngsboro, offers a Nurse Aide Training Program as part of its adult post-secondary career and technical programs. The training program includes both classroom instruction and a practicum. The practicum occurs at a local long-term care facility.
- Program Offered: Nurse Aide Training Program
- Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): $775***
- School Type & Setting: < 2-year, public; large suburb*
Middlesex Community College
Middlesex Community College, which is located in Bedford, enrolls about 10,000 students. The college offers a nurse assistant training program that includes 100 hours of study, including 23 hours of hands-on experience. Topics covered in the program include lifting and turning patients, patient rights, taking vital signs, safety and infection control.
- Program Offered: Nurse Assistant/Home Health Certification Training
- Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): $950 (plus cost of textbooks and scrubs)**
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; large suburb*
North Shore Community College
Situated in Danvers, this college offers a nurse assistant training program that prepares graduates for certification as both a nurse aide and home health aide. Students in the program learn how to about taking vital signs, keeping medical records and basic personal care. The program's curriculum includes a practicum at a local nursing home.
- Program Offered: Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide Certificate
- Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): $4,056 in-state; $9,624 out-of-state*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; large suburb*
School Comparison: At a Glance
|School Name||School Type & Setting||Nurse Aide Training Program Offered||Tuition & Fees or Program Cost (2012-2013)|
|Bunker Hill Community College||2-year, public; large city*||Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide Training Program||$3,348 for in-state and $8,328 for out-of-state students*|
|Greater Lowell Technical School||< 2-year, public; large suburb*||Nurse Aide Training Program||$775***|
|Middlesex Community College||2-year, public; large suburb*||Nurse Assistant/Home Health Certification Training||$950 (plus cost of textbooks and scrubs)**|
|North Shore Community College||2-year, public; large suburb*||Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide Certificate||$4,056 for in-state and $9,624 for out-of-state students*|
Sources: *College Navigator, National Center for Education Statistics; **Middlesex Community College; ***Greater Lowell Technical School.
Related to MA CNA Certification
- Recently Updated
A certified nursing assistant (CNA) instructor teaches individuals who are interested in working as nursing assistants or...
Research the requirements to become a CNA (certified nursing assistant) instructor. Learn about the job description and duties,...
Learn about accelerated training programs for aspiring certified nursing assistants (CNAs). Continue reading for program...
Certification is a mandatory credential for nursing assistant professionals. Get some quick facts about the training and other...
- Online CNA Certification Information
- Home Health CNA Jobs: Requirements, Salary and Career Info
- List of Free Online CNA Courses and Classes
- Health Care State Inspector: Job Description, Salary and Career Info
- Electrical Engineering Technician: Salary, Duties, Outlook & Requirements
- Top School in Orlando for a Career in Automotive Technology
- Top School in Sacramento for a Psychology Degree
- CNA - Overview of a Certified Nursing Assistant Career
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, City and Education Information
- General Pediatrician: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Federal Prison Correction Officer: Educational Requirements
- Top Ranked University Degree in Computer Programming - Madison, WI
Perfect School Search
- Massachusetts Cities
- Nearby States
- Amherst, MA Schools
- Boston, MA Schools
- Braintree, MA Schools
- Bridgewater, MA Schools
- Brighton, MA Schools
- Brookline, MA Schools
- Cambridge, MA Schools
- Chelsea, MA Schools
- Chestnut Hill, MA Schools
- Lowell, MA Schools
- Malden, MA Schools
- Norwood, MA Schools
- Somerville, MA Schools
- Springfield, MA Schools
- Watertown, MA Schools
- Woburn, MA Schools