Construction Management Degree Programs in Knoxville, TN
The Knoxville area has two colleges that offer construction management programs within 20 miles of downtown. Learn about the programs, admission info and program requirements for these schools to make an informed education decision.
Knoxville Construction Management Schools
Students in the Knoxville, TN, area who want to work in construction management can find training programs at two area schools. This article discusses those schools, which are both within 20 minutes of downtown. Check out the table at the end of the article for valuable school information, such as program costs, enrollment numbers, graduation rates and more.
- The University of Tennessee, which is two miles from downtown Knoxville, offers a Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Soil Science with a concentration in construction science.
- Located 18 miles from downtown, Pellissippi State Community College offers an Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Construction Management.
University of Tennessee
The Institute of Agriculture at the University of Tennessee offers a Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Soil Science with concentrations in construction science, off-road vehicle technology, land surveying technology and agricultural systems technology. Much of the education and training takes place at the West Tennessee Research & Education Center, which houses classrooms, specialized laboratories and meeting rooms.
Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Soil Science - Construction Science
The Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Soil Science - Construction Science program provides students with education and training in a variety of construction areas, including commercial, residential, excavation and agricultural. Students develop a strong understanding of math and science and are exposed to areas in land surveying, sustainable construction practices and computer-assisted drafting. Because the program includes courses in accounting, law and finance, students who complete the program also earn a minor in business administration.
Pellissippi State Community College
Pellissippi State Community College offers certificates and associate's degree programs in business, engineering technology, nursing, paralegal studies, media technologies and computer science. Students interested in engineering technology can choose among concentrations in electrical construction management, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and manufacturing.
Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Construction Management
Students who enroll in the electrical construction management program are prepared for careers as construction managers, contractors and cost estimators. The program is 60 credits and takes four semesters to complete. Courses cover topics in electrical circuits, engineering technology, project scheduling, technical drawing, cost estimating, alternative energies, safety codes and leadership.
Comparison of Schools
The table below makes it easy to compare important school statistics and choose the right school.
|University of Tennessee||Pellissippi State Community College|
|School Type||4-year; public||2-year; public|
|Total Enrollment (2011-2012)||30,194*||11,259*|
|Campus Setting||Midsize city||Rural|
|Tuition & Fees (2011-2012)||$8,396 in-state, $25,538 out-of-state*||$3,414 in-state, $13,356 out-of-state*|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Any Form of Financial Aid (2010-2011)||96%*||86%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2011-2012)||70%*||100%*|
|Retention Rate (2010-2011)||84%*||57%*|
|Graduation Rate (2011)||63%*||12% (17% transfer-out rate)*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator.
Related to Construction Management Degree Program in Knoxville, TN
- Recently Updated
Arlington, VA, has few schools with programs in construction management. Find the best program for you by reading about...
An online bachelor's degree program in construction management emphasizes the management skills and business knowledge needed...
Read about degree programs in building construction management. Find out about potential coursework, employment prospects after...
Online associate's degree programs in construction management typically take 1-2 years to complete. Topics in construction...
- Career Info for a Construction Management Degree
- Best Schools with Construction Management Graduate Programs
- Construction Management: Career Education Overview
- Top School in Albuquerque for an Architectural Drafting Degree
- Career Information for a Degree in Hospitality Management
- Career Info for a Health Management Degree
- Top School in Austin for Becoming a Professional Photographer
- Top Schools for Construction Management, Carpentry & Inspection Programs
- Top Retail Management & Merchandising Program in Knoxville, TN
- Best Technology Management School - Dallas, TX
- Casting Director: Job Description, Duties and Education Requirements
- Top Ranked Graphic Design and Multimedia Arts School - Dallas, TX
Perfect School Search
- Tennessee Cities
- Nearby States