Dental Hygienist Online Programs with School Information
Most dental hygienist online programs are bachelor's degree completion programs. They require prospective students to have earned an associate degree or certificate from an accredited program.
Schools With Online Dental Hygienist Programs
University of Bridgeport
The University of Bridgeport Fones School of Dental Hygiene's online program offers accelerated dental hygiene classes lasting eight weeks for those who wish to further their education in the field. This program is offered entirely online and includes such courses as dental hygiene practice, strategies for instruction, advanced clinical concepts and principles of marketing. The bachelor's degree program, which is also available on the University of Bridgeport campus, is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Students are required to take 19 credits of dental hygiene courses in addition to general education and elective courses. Core requirements include:
- Strategies of Instruction
- Practice for the Contemporary Hygienist
- Advanced Clinical Concepts
- Address: 126 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Phone Number: (800) 470-7307
University of Maryland
The University of Maryland Baltimore College of Dental Surgery's online dental hygienist program accepts not only students with associate degrees and certificates, but also students who have finished two years of pre-professional courses. The curriculum includes developing educational programs, oral health research introduction, healthcare management and issues in healthcare delivery. The program usually takes two years to complete, but a 3-year option is available. The American Dental Association (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation has approved this program.
Although there are only three course titles that students must take to complete their degree, two are comprised of several sections. The three courses are:
- Dental Hygiene Seminar
- Professional and Scientific Communication
- Address: 650 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Phone Number: (410) 706-7472
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
The Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers a 21-month dental hygiene bachelor's degree program which can be taken completely online. However, students are required to visit Boston to attend orientation in the fall. The college's Forsyth Dental Hygiene program is approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
There are 31 semester-hours of coursework required to complete the B.S. Included topics are:
- Informatics for Healthcare
- Medical Ethics
- Research in Oral Health
- Dental Hygiene Leadership
- Address: 179 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115-5896
- Phone Number: (617) 732-2800
Related to Dental Hygienist Online
- Recently Updated
Becoming a registered dental hygienist, also known as a RDH, requires completing a 2-year dental hygienist program and passing...
Dental hygienists clean patients' teeth and examine their gums. Hygienists may also perform administrative tasks within a...
Learn how to become a dental hygienist. Research basic and advanced education programs as well as the licensure you'll need to...
A dental hygienist provides dental care for patients by informing them about proper dental hygiene and performing tasks such as...
- Dental Hygienist: Overview of Continuing Education for Dental Hygienists
- How to Become a Pediatric Dental Hygienist
- How to Become a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- How to Choose a Divinity School
- Psychology Teacher: Job Description & Requirements
- Mining Engineer: Job Description & Requirements
- Drywall Taper: Job Description & Career Information
- How to Become a Restorative Dental Hygienist: Career Roadmap
- Registered Dental Hygienist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Family Violence Prevention Counselor: Job Description & Career Info
- Technical Support Specialist: Job Duties & Career Info
- Medical Engineer: Job Description & Career Info