Business Support and Administrative Services
Businesses cannot survive without business support and administrative services. These jobs form the practical foundation of a company and are necessary for the everyday functions of a business. Read on to find out more about educational and professional opportunities in this field.
Inside Business Careers: Support and Administrative Services
Students pursuing business education may choose to study business support and administrative services because it offers a variety of career options, including medical, legal and executive assistantships. Administrative professionals carry out a number of day-to-day tasks, such as tracking documents and mail, keeping files and organizing appointments. Customer service is another field open to business support professionals. Customer service and call center support administrators serve as go-betweens for a company and its customers, often helping consumers find answers to simple questions or acquire a particular product.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects that the employment general office clerks will expand 12 % between 2008-2018 (www.bls.gov). The BLS also reports that by May 2010 the median annual wages of general office clerks were $26,610. Customer service representatives earned $12.17 per hour, while executive secretaries and administrative assistants earned more than $14.48 per hour. Administrative support tasks, technology and telecommuting are expanding, making the diversification of certain skill sets needed to perform these tasks.
Learn More About Business Careers: Support and Administrative Services
Educational requirements for business support and administrative services professionals vary. While many are not required to earn degrees, most may benefit from enrolling in business-related courses. There are a number of schools, colleges and universities that offer such programs. More information can be accessed through the Education-Portal.com links below.
There are several training programs for students interested in administrative services. Here are a few of the educational possibilities:
- Office Specialist Certification
- Business Administration Certification
- Associate of Science in Office Administration
- Bachelor's in Office Administration
- Master's in Office Administration
Administrative and support positions can be found in workplaces ranging from corporate offices to hospitals. Here are a few examples of possible career paths:
Distance Learning Options
Students interested in improving their office and business skills may opt for an online training program in the matter. The following articles explain some of the online alternatives related to administrative services education:
- List of Online Business Workshops and Seminars
- Online Business Administration Courses
- Global Business Management Certificate Program
- Online Bachelor's of Administration Office Management Degree Program
- Executive Master's in Business Administration Degree Program
- Doctorate Degree Program in Business Administration
Business Support and Administrative Services Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Degree programs in business support or administrative services prepare people for careers in administrative and secretarial services, office...
Students interested in business support and administration often complete an undergraduate degree in business and a Masters of Business...
Individuals working in the field of business contact management supervise office workers and provide customer support. A wide variety of job...
- Administrative Support Degree in Dallas
- Administrative Support Career Training in St. Peters, MO
- Certificates in Specialized Business
- Business Colleges in Manhattan NY
- Administrative Classes
- Top Schools for Legal Support Services
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS): Administrative Support Degree Overview
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Construction Management - Arlington, VA
- Top CAD and Design Technology Degree Programs - Dallas, TX
- Top School for a Multimedia and Graphic Design - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top Ranked University with an Information Technology Major - San Francisco, CA
- Top Ranked School for Operations Management Degrees - Jacksonville, FL
Associate of Science (AS) degree programs in network engineering technology teach students how to maintain network hardware and software,...
There are several 2-year, public colleges offering emergency medical technician (EMT) classes in Texas. Houston Community College and Lone...
Business Support and Administrative Services Related Videos