Educational Administration and Supervision
A degree program in educational administration and supervision trains students in the skills necessary to assume administrative and supervisory roles in a variety of educational institutions. Read on to learn about the academic and career opportunities available in this field.
Inside Educational Administration and Supervision
At some point, teachers may decide to go back to school to prepare for a job as an education administrator. In fact, most individuals who pursue a degree in educational administration or supervision work as teachers and are preparing to transition into leadership roles, such as principals or program directors. In addition to working in schools, some administrators put their knowledge and skills to work in government agencies, corporations, or the military. The following articles from Education-Portal.com can help you further explore the options in this field.
Educational administration and supervision programs are usually offered at the master's or doctoral degree levels. They may culminate in a degree or in an endorsement for a teacher's license. Most programs include an internship in an administrative position in a local school or educational agency. Coursework may include educational finances, human resources, school management, education laws and instruction evaluation. Some programs offer coursework online for working students.
Take a look at these articles to get additional information about academic options for this field of study.
- Top Education Administration Graduate Schools
- Master of Education in Education Administration
- Higher Education and Administration Master's Degrees
- Master's in Education Administration
- Education Administration Ph.D. Programs
Distance Learning Options
Education administration training can also be found online. There are a variety of distance learning options for busy students trying to juggle career, education and family obligations.
- Online Classes in Education Administration
- Online Degrees in School District Administration
- Education Administration Online Certificate
- Online Ph.D. Programs in Education Administration
Check out these articles from Education-Portal.com to discover the career options available in the field of education administration and supervision.
- Careers in Education Administration
- Higher Education Administrators
- Elementary School Administrators
- Christian School Administrator
- Careers in School District Administration
The majority of education administration positions require applicants to have at least a master's degree and experience working as a teacher or in another education-related occupation. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment of college or university administrators was expected to grow by 15% between 2012 and 2022 (www.bls.gov). Jobs for K-12 principals are projected to increase at the slower rate of six percent during the same decade.
In 2013, education administrators at the elementary and high school levels earned a mean salary of $90,670, while those working at the postsecondary level earned $100,600. Those working at non-specified education levels for federal government agencies earned an average of $87,260, according to the BLS.
Educational Administration and Supervision Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Find out which top schools offer programs in educational administration and supervision. Read brief summaries of the programs available at...
Educational administration or supervision programs prepare leaders to manage schools and school programs. A degree program in educational...
A master's degree program in educational and curriculum supervision prepares students to enter leadership and administrative positions in...
- Educational Supervision Courses in Louisville, KY
- Online Certificate Program in Educational Supervision
- Educational Administration Diploma Programs in MN
- Educational Administration Phd
- Educational Administration Degree Programs in North Carolina
- Educational Administration Degree Program Information
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Educational Administration?
Working under the supervision of a physician or registered nurse (RN), a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) provides basic bedside care to...
Read on to discover what church pastors do. Discover the education and training required for this career. Keep reading to see what the...
- Avionics Tech Education
- Cabinet Maker Job Info and Training Requirements for a Career in Cabinet Making
- Evidence Technician Training
- Health Care Technologist Job Description and Info About a Career in the Health Care Technologies
- Computer Drafter Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming a Computer Drafting Professional
Educational Administration and Supervision Related Videos