Educational Administration and Supervision
A degree program in educational administration and supervision trains students in the skills necessary to assume administrative and supervisory roles in a variety of educational institutions. Read on to learn about the educational and career opportunities in the field of education administration.
Inside Educational Administration and Supervision
Educational administration and supervision degree programs are usually offered at the master's or doctoral degree levels. Individuals enrolled in these types of programs are typically already employed as teachers and are preparing to transition into administrative positions, such as principals or program directors. Besides education-related areas, graduates of these programs can also be found in government agencies, corporations or the military.
Programs can culminate in a degree or in an endorsement for a teacher's license. Most programs include an internship in an administrative position in a local school or educational agency. Coursework may include educational finances, human resources, school management, education laws and instruction evaluation. Some programs offer coursework online for working students.
The majority of education administration positions require applicants to have at least a master's degree and experience working as a teacher or in another education-related occupation. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the employment outlook for school administrators was expected to grow by eight percent between 2008 and 2018 (www.bls.gov). In 2010, education administrators at the elementary and high school level earned a mean salary of $89,990, while those working at the postsecondary level earned $96,680. Those working for federal government agencies earned an average on $84,860, according to the BLS.
Learn More About Educational Administration and Supervision
At some point, teachers may decide to go back to school to prepare for a career as an education administrator. The following articles from Education-Portal.com can help you learn more about the options in education administration and supervision.
There are a variety of degree options for education administration and supervision.
- Top Education Administration Graduate Schools
- Master of Education in Education Administration
- Higher Education and Administration Master's Degrees
- Master's in Education Administration
- Education Administration Ph.D. Programs
Check out these articles from Education-Portal.com to discover the career options available in the field of education administration and supervision.
- Careers in Education Administration
- Higher Education Administrators
- Elementary School Administrators
- Christian School Administrator
- Careers in School District Administration
Distance Learning Options
Education administration training can also be found online. There are a variety of distance learning options for busy students trying to juggle career, education and family obligations.
Educational Administration and Supervision Related Articles
- Recently Updated
A master's degree program in educational and curriculum supervision prepares students to enter leadership and administrative positions in...
A Master of Education in Educational Administration is an advanced degree program for individuals who want to progress their careers in...
Educational administrators and supervisors serve as K-12 principals in public and private schools, school district superintendents, and they...
- Educational Supervision Courses in Louisville, KY
- Online Certificate Program in Educational Supervision
- Educational Administration Diploma Programs in MN
- Educational Administration PHD
- Educational Administration Degree Programs in North Carolina
- Career Information for a Degree in Educational Administration or Supervision
- Educational Administration Degree Program Information
- Top Multimedia and Digital Design University Programs - Chicago, IL
- Best Business Degree Programs - Arlington, VA
- Top University with an Information Technology Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Top Ranked School for Computer Information Systems - Colorado Springs, CO
- Best Degree Programs for Computer Networking - Milwaukee, WI
Wildlife and fisheries biologists often work outdoors and study the behavior of animals, monitor their populations and manage their...
Executive secretaries are at the top of the administrative chain of command and usually provide organizational services for upper-level...
Educational Administration and Supervision Related Videos