You work hard. So does a college degree.
With convenient class locations as well as online learning, University of Phoenix makes quality higher education accessible for working students. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goals—and sooner than you might think.
University of Phoenix Offers
- Our schedule adapts to fit your schedule
- Small classes with an average of 15 students
- Learn from working professionals
- Collaborative learning teams
- Dedicated enrollment, academic, and finance advisors
Tuition & Aid
I like that there is diversity in the classes at University of Phoenix. I'm learning with people of all ages and various backgrounds. I'm making friends with people I would never have met otherwise and I'm learning a lot from them.
— Jennifer Kahtz - Bachelor of Science in Health Administration
The education has already helped me perform as a manager. It has developed my people skills, critical thinking skills and ability to identify and solve problems. I've already applied many of the management techniques I learned to my job.
— Jerry Blake - Bachelor of Science in Business/Management
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Higher education. Highly accessible
Founded in 1976, University of Phoenix is dedicated to meeting the educational needs of working students. You can choose to learn at a local campus or online—and you'll receive a real-world education with real value.
- Attend University of Phoenix classes at times and places that fit your busy schedule.
- Learn from University of Phoenix instructors who hold advanced degrees and have substantial experience in the fields they teach.
- Collaborate with college peers in small, interactive classes.
- Receive personalized student support every step of the way.
- Must be a high school graduate or have completed GED
Your Degree is within reach
University of Phoenix strives to make higher education highly accessible. Financial options, including financial aid, are available for those who qualify.
University of Phoenix participates in many federal student aid programs, including grants and loans. There is no charge for processing financial aid applications. Scholarships may also be available to students who qualify. Your Enrollment Advisor can discuss these options and walk you through the process while helping you with your application for admission.
University of Phoenix offers several options for financing your education.
Cash Paying Plan: University of Phoenix's Cash Paying Plan lets you pay for one course at a time rather than an entire semester or year at once.
University of Phoenix may be eligible for many company reimbursement programs. Check with your employer's human resource department to see if your company has an available plan for you.
The University also offers special military rates for members of the military and their spouses. In fact, our military division is well-versed in the Post 911 GI Bill and other options such as the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Earn your degree when, where and how you want
University of Phoenix fits your lifestyle and learning style. Depending on the degree program you select, you can attend class on campus or online. Some campuses offer degree programs in a combined campus-based and online learning format. While widely available, not all degree programs or learning formats are offered at all locations.
Online Learning Advantage
- Complete coursework through online forums.
- Receive lectures, questions and assignments online from your instructor. Study them at your convenience.
- Participate online in class a minimum of three or four days per week, depending on your degree program. You choose the days and times.
- Build teamwork skills by collaborating on additional online assignments with your learning team.
Campus-Based Learning Format
Providing the convenience of attending classes near your home or workplace.
- Attend class one time per week, and meet with your learning team once a week. Classes are held in the evening or on weekends. Some campuses offer day classes.
- Complete assignments on your own, as well as with your learning team.
Find Your Program:
Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science
- Cultural Studies and Communication Certificate
- Environmental Sustainability Certificate
- Journalism Certificate
- Bachelor of Science in Communication
- BA in English
- BS in Communication - Communication and Technology
- BS in Communication - Culture and Communication
- BS in Communication - Journalism
- BS in Communication - Marketing and Sales Communication
- BS in Environmental Sciences
- BS in Liberal Studies
- AA in Communications
- AA in General Studies
Business and Management
In today's fast-paced business world, you need problem-solving and critical thinking skills—as well as the latest knowledge and techniques. At University of Phoenix, you learn from instructors who have substantial experience in the fields they teach. So whether you're studying accounting or administration, management or marketing; you'll receive a real-world education that can help you achieve your goals.
- Leadership Communication in Organizations Certificate
- Marketing and Sales Communication Certificate
- DM in Organizational Leadership
- MBA in Accounting
- MBA in Energy Management
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Global Management
- MBA in Health Care Management
- MBA with a concentration in Human Resources Management
- MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA with a concentration in Technology Management
- Master of Management
- MS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Business
- BS in Business - Accounting
- BS in Business - Administration
- BS in Business - Small Business Mgmt & Entrepreneurship
- BS in Business - Finance
- BS in Business - Global Management
- BS in Business - Human Resource Management
- BS in Business - Management
- BS in Business - Marketing
- BS in Business/Project Management
- BS in Business - Public Sector
- BS in Business - Service Sector
- BS in Business - Sustainable Enterprise Management
- BS in Management
- BS in Management - Manufacturing Sector
- AA in Accounting Fundamentals
- AA in Business Fundamentals
- AA in Retail Management
- AA in Accounting Foundations
- AA in Business Foundations
- AA in Hospitality Travel and Tourism
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Administration and Supervision Certificate
- Graduate Accounting Certificate
- Graduate Human Resources Management Certificate
- Graduate Marketing Certificate
- Graduate Project Management Certificate
- Undergraduate Certificate in Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- Undergraduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning
- Undergraduate Certificate in General Management
- Undergraduate Certificate in Hospitality Management
- Undergraduate Certificate in Marketing
- Undergraduate Certificate in Operations Management
- Undergraduate Certificate in Project Management
- Certificate in Retail Management
- Undergraduate Certificate in Sales Management
- Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business Mgmt & Entrepreneurship
- Undergraduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Individual Courses - Credit
Criminal Justice and Security
Depending upon the program you select, you can study topics such as the nature of delinquency and crime, criminal law and procedure, and the components of the American justice system. Additionally, you can learn key management and administrative skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration/Human Services for Criminal Justice
- Certificate in Criminal Justice Management
- Certificate in Criminal Justice Security
- Certificate in Cybercrimes
- Certificate in Human Services and the Criminal Justice System
- MS in Administration of Justice and Security
- MS in Administration of Justice & Security/Law Enforcement Organizations
- MS in Administration of Justice & Security/Global Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice Administration
- BS in Criminal Justice Administration - Cybercrimes
- BS in Criminal Justice Admin - Human Services
- BS in Criminal Justice Admin - Management
- BS in Criminal Justice Administration - Security
- BS in Organizational Security and Management
- AA in Criminal Justice
Education programs at University of Phoenix cover a variety of areas within this important field. The curriculum enables you to gain up-to-date expertise and may provide preservice teacher preparation. Additionally, specializations cover a range of topics—all designed to create healthy learning opportunities for students. The curriculum is continually updated to reflect the latest theories and techniques in teaching.
- Associate of Arts Concentration in Education
- Bachelor of Science in Education/Early Childhood Education
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
- Ed.D. in Ed. Leadership - Curriculum and Instruction
- Ed.D. in Ed. Leadership - Educational Technology
- Educational Specialist
- MA in Education - Teacher Education Middle Level Generalist
- MA in Education - Teacher Education Middle Level Mathematics
- MA in Education - Teacher Education Secondary Mathematics
- MA in Education - Teacher Education Secondary Science
- MA in Education - Administration and Supervision
- MA in Education - Adult Education and Training
- MA in Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- MA in Ed - Elementary Teacher Education
- MA in Ed - Secondary Teacher Education
- MA in Education - Special Education
- MA in Ed - Teacher Education - Mid Level Science
- BS in Education - Elementary Education
- BS in Elementary Education - English Language Arts
- BS in Elementary Education - Mathematics
- BS in Elementary Education - Science
- BS in Elementary Education - Social Studies
- California Teachers of English Learners Certificate
- Special Education Certificate
- Principal Licensure Certificate
- Continuing Teacher Education
* While widely available, all programs may not be offered in both the online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
At University of Phoenix, students interested in helping others can gain the key knowledge needed to work in the human services industry. Our integrated program includes academic instruction in the foundations of human services such as counseling, social work and psychology. Depending upon the program selected, management skills such as planning, organizing, assessing and evaluating may be incorporated.
- MS in Counseling/Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MS in Counseling - Marriage and Family Counseling
- MS in Counseling - Marriage, Family and Child Therapy
- MS in Counseling - Mental Health Counseling
- MS in Counseling - School Counseling
- MS in Psychology - Behavioral Health
- MS in Psychology - Industrial Organizational Psychology
- BS in Human Services - Addictions
- BS in Human Services - Family and Child Services
- BS in Human Services - Gerontology
- BS in Human Services - Management
- AA in Human Services Management
- Graduate Mediation Certificate
- Addictions Certificate
- Family and Child Services Certificate
- Gerontology Certificate
- Undergraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Human Services Management Certificate
* While widely available, all programs may not be offered in both the online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
Nursing and Health Care
For those interested in the health care field, University of Phoenix offers health administration programs. These programs can help you develop the knowledge and skill set needed in a variety of health care and related health settings. University of Phoenix nursing programs, which are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (aacn.nche.edu), can help registered nurses develop their professional skills and knowledge.
- Associate of Arts - Health Administration
- Electronic Health Records Fundamentals Certificate
- Health Care Information Technology Certificate
- Health and Wellness Administration Foundations Certificate
- Doctor of Health Administration
- Master in Health Administration
- Master in Health Administration - Education
- Master in Health Administration: Gerontology
- Master in Health Administration - Informatics
- Master - Health Administration - Sustainability Management
- MS in Nursing
- MS in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing - Informatics
- MS in Nursing and MBA in Health Care Management
- MS in Nursing and Health Administration
- MS in Nursing and Health Care Education
- BS in Health Administration - Emergency Management
- BS in Health Administration - Health Information Systems
- BS in Health Administration - Health Management
- BS in Health Administration - Long Term Care
- LPN to BS in Nursing
- RN to BS in Nursing
- AA in Health Care Administration
- AA in Health Care Administration - Electronic Health Records
- AA in Health Care Administration - Medical Records
- AA in Foundations in Health Care Administration
- AA in Foundations in Health Care Administration - Medical Records
- AA in Health Care Administration - Health & Wellness Administration
- Post-Masters Certificate - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Gerontology Health Care Certificate
- Nursing-Health Care Education Certificate
- Health Care Informatics Certificate
- Electronic Health Records Certificate
- Emergency Management Certificate
- Health Management Certificate
- Health and Wellness Administration Certificate
- Long Term Care Certificate
Wouldn't it be helpful to gain a better understanding of people's thought processes, emotions and behaviors? Psychology degree programs at University of Phoenix focus on the general rather the clinical psychology of individuals to provide students an understanding of the cognitive and affective processes that underlie the individual human experience. Research methodologies as well as critical-thinking and problem-solving strategies also are explored as they relate to the evaluation of behavior.
- MS in Psychology
- BS in Psychology
- AA in Psychology
The curriculum of the information systems and technology degree programs at University of Phoenix is designed to prepare students with the competencies and skills needed to function effectively in the information technology arena. Students can explore specific technology areas while learning to address real-world business opportunities and challenges.
- Advanced Business Analytics Certificate
- Advanced Cloud Computing Certificate
- Advanced Information Systems Security Certificate
- Advanced Mobile Development Certificate
- Advanced Multimedia Development Certificate
- Advanced Networking Certificate
- Advanced Software Developer Certificate
- Advanced Virtualization Certificate
- Cisco Networking Certificate
- Communication and Technology Certificate
- Database Administration Certificate
- Desktop Support Certificate
- Graduate Business Analytics Certificate
- Graduate Information Systems Audit and Control Certificate
- Graduate Information Systems Management Certificate
- Information Assurance and Security Certificate
- Multimedia Development Certificate
- Network Support Certificate
- Programming Certificate
- Web Administration Certificate
- DM in Org. Leadership - Info Systems and Technology
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Information Technology - Advanced Networking
- BS in IT - Business System Analysis
- BS in IT - Multimedia and Visual Communication
- BS in Information Technology - Information Management
- BS in IT - Information Systems Security
- BS in Information Technology - Mobile Development
- BS in IT - Software Engineering
- BS in IT - Web Development
- AA in Information Technology
- AA in IT - Database Development
- AA in Information Technology - Desktop Support
- AA in IT - Information Technology Support
- AA in Information Technology - Network Support
- AA in Information Technology - Networking
- AA in IT - Programming
- AA in Information Technology - Web Design
- A+ Fundamentals Certificate
- Network+ Technologies Certificate
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.
© 2013 University of Phoenix, Inc. All rights reserved.