Online Certificate and Training Programs in Holistic Nutrition
Distance learning programs in holistic nutrition teach students to advise others on diet and overall wellness. Read on for details about online certificate and training programs in the field.
Online training programs in holistic nutrition are available as certificate programs in which students complete 4-5 courses. Some online master's degree programs are also available, though they aren't very common. In addition, broader online holistic health diploma and degree programs may integrate studies in holistic nutrition.
Topics of Study
Holistic nutrition programs, as the term 'holistic' implies, often cover topics beyond diet. Students also learn how mental, physical and spiritual aspects of health can be utilized to promote overall wellness. Participants learn to take client histories, perform diet and lifestyle assessments, formulate nutritional wellness plans and evaluate client progress. Online classes in a holistic nutrition program explore topics such as:
- Modern dietary practices
- Nutritional biochemistry
- Holistic foundations
- Nutrition therapies
- Whole foods cuisine
- Weight management
- Stress management
About Online Learning
Generally speaking, online programs are more flexible than campus-based programs, though they may include structured classes that require students to be online at designated times to participate in class-wide activities. For the most part, though, students work independently and according to their own timeline. Instructors and peers may be consulted on coursework via email, discussion boards or other elements of an electronic classroom management system.
Students who complete an online program in holistic nutrition may be qualified to work as the following:
- Support group facilitators
- Health consultants
- Patient educators
- Personal nutrition coaches
Related to Online Certificates in Holistic Nutrition
- Recently Updated
Learn about schools where you can study holistic nutrition. Find information on degree programs, concentration areas and...
Courses in holistic nutrition are offered online and in the classroom. Students can earn a holistic nutrition certificate or...
Learn about the courses and requirements for a Master of Science program in holistic nutrition. Find out about career choices,...
Holistic nutritionists are dietetic practitioners who help clients achieve a natural balance in their lives through healthy...
- Holistic Nutrition Consultant: Education Requirements & Career Info
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Holistic Nutrition Degree Overview
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Holistic Nutrition Degree Overview
- Top School for Becoming a Network Administrator - Irving, Texas
- Customer Support Management Education and Training Programs
- How to Become an Agricultural Chemicals Registration Specialist
- Diabetes Counselor Education Requirements and Career Information
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist: Salary, Job Duties and Requirements
- Clinical Nutrition Certificate and Certification Program Summaries
- Freight Agent: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top School in Charlotte, NC, for Operations Management Education
- Crisis Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements