Distance Learning Certificate Programs in Holistic Wellness
Explore options for a distance learning certificate in holistic wellness. Find out about coursework and online learning methods.
Overview of Programs
Holistic wellness suggests that the body's overall health relies on the maintenance of the brain, body and emotions. Online certificate programs in holistic wellness are rare, although options are expected to increase as this field gains popularity. Students in these programs explore such topics as nutrition, healthy eating habits, preventive healthcare and physical fitness through courses and assignments completed online. Healthcare professionals may be eligible to become certified health consultants by completing one of these programs.
Private institutions catering toward health-related academic programs, along with some public universities, offer online certificate options in this field. Some holistic wellness programs are at the graduate level, which requires prospective students to have a bachelor's degree. While many programs are delivered totally online, some do have on-site requirements.
Online Certificate Options
Online coursework is delivered to distance learners in a virtual classroom featuring lecture materials, assignments and communication tools to foster class interaction. Some programs in holistic wellness contain hybrid courses and/or field experiences. The following certificate programs are among those available to distance learning students.
Holistic Nursing and Wellness Counseling Certificate
This program prepares students to offer certified guidance to patients with health issues or those seeking disease-prevention measures. Some such programs are open only to licensed nurses who are seeking to supplement technical nursing knowledge. In some cases, students acquire college credits upon awarding of the certificate. Coursework might cover topics such as the following:
- Holistic nutrition
- Wellness communications
- Integrated pathophysiology
- Clinical use of Traditional Chinese medicine techniques
- Energy system of the human body
- Anatomy and body mechanics
Certificate in Wellness Consulting
In this program, students learn the essentials of becoming a certified wellness coach. Several modern health issues are stressed, such as natural health, chronic disease and obesity. Online coursework, supplemented by textbooks, may take up to 16 weeks to complete. Course topics might include:
- Holistic protocols
- Acute health problems
- Biochemical imbalances
- Legal issues in wellness consulting
Related to Distance Learning Courses in Holistic Wellness
- Recently Updated
Holistic wellness is the practice of blending mental, physical and spiritual choices and activities to promote good health....
Holistic health programs train students in natural and alternative methods of promoting wellness by means of nutrition,...
Read about master's degree programs in holistic health studies. Find out about courses, career options, salary trends and...
Many holistic healing and wellness modalities, such as acupuncture, aromatherapy and massage, are used in conjunction with...
- Holistic Health Educator: Job Description, Salary and Requirements
- Online Degrees in Holistic Health and Medicine by Program Level
- Holistic Training: Adult Education for a Career in Holistic Medicine
- How to Become a Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Become a Police Negotiator: Career Roadmap
- How to Become a Child Care Director: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- How to Become a Bail Bondsman: Education and Career Roadmap
- Medical Sonographers Job Description and Info for Students Considering a Career in Medical Sonography
- Cafeteria Attendant Job Duties and Requirements for Becoming a Cafeteria Attendant
- Property Management Certification
- Community Advocate Job Outlook and Information About Starting a Career As a Community Advocate