Distance Learning Diplomas in Telecommunications Technology
Telecommunications technology is a rapidly changing field. As such, distance learning programs in the field offer students the flexibility to adapt as the technology evolves. Most distance learning diploma programs offer students the opportunity to learn about the most up-to-date computer hardware and software in order to enter the field with current, marketable skills. Distance learning programs are continuously updated and taught by leaders in the industry with extensive telecommunications experience.
Online Telecommunications Technology Programs
While much of the focus of distance learning telecommunications technology programs is on studying the technology critical in the industry, many programs also stress hands-on skills training through real-world work experience. This may occur as a part-time job, unpaid internship, or apprenticeship working with an experienced telecommunications worker.
The core focus of a telecommunication technology program is on the study of electronics. Most programs require students to take essential courses in the basic of electronics, complemented by the study of data communications and fiber optics. Additional coursework typically varies by a student's field of interest.
Common courses available in distance learning telecommunications technology programs include the following:
- Basic electronics
- Data cabling
- Data communications series
- Fiber optics communications
- Telecommunications high voltage protection
- Broadband services technologies
The vast majority of graduates earning diplomas in telecommunications technology work in either installation, maintenance and repair or administrative and office support occupations. The former group includes those working inside businesses or residences as well as those working outdoors, performing jobs such as operating power-driven equipment to put up telephone poles.
The following positions are available for graduates of telecommunications technology programs:
- Line installer and repairer
- Cable splicer
- Telecommunications equipment installer/repairer
- Telephone station installer/repairer
- Cable installer
- Wireless and satellite service installer
- Telephone operator
Related to Online Telecommunications Diploma
- Recently Updated
Learn about bachelor's degrees in technology management and telecommunication. Get information about courses, requirements and...
Individuals interested in video, audio and digital communications may wish to earn an associate's degree in telecommunications...
To prepare for work in the growing field of telecommunications technology, individuals can earn an associate degree in this...
Telecommunications engineering technology programs are most available through certificate, associate's degree and bachelor's...
- Associate's in Computer Electronics & Telecommunications Technology: Degree Overview
- Electronics Certificate in Computer Technology & Telecommunications
- Learningtech.org Helps Others Make Technology a Part of Learning
- Wireless Electronics Degree Program Information
- Talent Director: Employment Info & Requirements
- What Can You Do With a Major in Social Work?
- Multimedia Graphic Designer: Education and Career Roadmap