Distance Learning Diplomas in Telecommunications Technology
Telecommunications technology is a rapidly changing field. As such, distance learning programs in the field offer students the flexibility to adapt as the technology evolves. Most distance learning diploma programs offer students the opportunity to learn about the most up-to-date computer hardware and software in order to enter the field with current, marketable skills. Distance learning programs are continuously updated and taught by leaders in the industry with extensive telecommunications experience.
Online Telecommunications Technology Programs
While much of the focus of distance learning telecommunications technology programs is on studying the technology critical in the industry, many programs also stress hands-on skills training through real-world work experience. This may occur as a part-time job, unpaid internship, or apprenticeship working with an experienced telecommunications worker.
The core focus of a telecommunication technology program is on the study of electronics. Most programs require students to take essential courses in the basic of electronics, complemented by the study of data communications and fiber optics. Additional coursework typically varies by a student's field of interest.
Common courses available in distance learning telecommunications technology programs include the following:
- Basic electronics
- Data cabling
- Data communications series
- Fiber optics communications
- Telecommunications high voltage protection
- Broadband services technologies
The vast majority of graduates earning diplomas in telecommunications technology work in either installation, maintenance and repair or administrative and office support occupations. The former group includes those working inside businesses or residences as well as those working outdoors, performing jobs such as operating power-driven equipment to put up telephone poles.
The following positions are available for graduates of telecommunications technology programs:
- Line installer and repairer
- Cable splicer
- Telecommunications equipment installer/repairer
- Telephone station installer/repairer
- Cable installer
- Wireless and satellite service installer
- Telephone operator
Related to Online Telecommunications Diploma
- Recently Updated
Individuals interested in video, audio and digital communications may wish to earn an associate's degree in telecommunications...
Telecommunications engineering technology programs are most available through certificate, associate's degree and bachelor's...
Telecommunications is a vast industry that offers a variety employment opportunities, ranging from global telecommunication...
To prepare for work in the growing field of telecommunications technology, individuals can earn an associate degree in this...
- Learningtech.org Helps Others Make Technology a Part of Learning
- Distance Learning Graduate Programs in Educational Technology
- Distance Learning Fire Technology Degree and Certificate Programs
- Business Intelligence Administrator: Job Description and Requirements
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Secretary & Assistant
- Nurse Educator: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Associate of Retail Management: Degree Overview
- Online Masters in Internet Technology: Distance Learning Overview
- Telecommunications Engineer: Job Info & Career Requirements
- Become an Armed Forces Chef: Education and Career Roadmap
- Bachelor's in Hospital Management: Program Overviews
- Agricultural Mechanic: Job Description, Duties and Requirements