Distance Learning Doctoral Degrees in Natural Health
Not many schools offer online doctorate degree programs in natural health. Read the article below for details about natural health programs that are available online as well as distance learning and course requirements.
Upon completion of a credible distance-learning program, individuals earn a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. Distance-learning doctoral degree programs in natural health usually take four years to complete, though they can take longer if students take classes part-time or extend research. Many programs require doctoral students to write and submit a dissertation.
Distance-learning doctoral students learn about topics in holistic health, wellness and nutrition. Courses may include the following:
- Naturally increasing health and energy
- Insulin resistance in patients with diabetes
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- Adult hormone replacement therapy
- Digestion, nutrition and longevity
- Mental health and nutrition
- Practical applications for holistic medicine
- Mind and body wellness
To complete the practical aspects of a doctoral degree in natural health, students must complete a clinical experience. This is accomplished by working with local hospitals or clinics that allow students to help with patient care and observe doctor-to-patient interactions.
Online Learning Details
There are two ways students can take courses via distance learning to earn a doctoral degree in natural health. The first is for students to access online interfaces, where they can read professors' lectures and notes, gain assistance with difficult material, complete assignments and chat with other students. The second option is to receive DVDs or CDs through the mail.
Most programs allow students to review the lectures as frequently as needed to become familiar with difficult material and build upon introductory principles. Students complete quizzes and tests online through a secure format. In addition, they are able to participate in virtual classes at times convenient for them.
A doctoral degree in natural health can lead to multiple career opportunities in health care and alternative medicine. Some possible job titles include:
- Natural health practitioner
- College professor in health and wellness
- Naturopathic doctor
- Holistic nutritionist
- Community wellness director
Related to Online Doctorate Degree Programs in Natural Health
- Recently Updated
Naturopathic medicine is the practice of health care and disease prevention through the use of natural methods and remedies....
Learn about the courses and prerequisites for a master's degree program in natural health. Find out about job prospects,...
Read about natural health degree programs. Learn about program prerequisites, courses and specialization areas, as well as...
Natural health science is an alternative or complementary form of medical science that promotes natural methods of healing....
- Natural Health Consultant Certificate and Training Program Info
- Natural Health Practitioner Certification and Certificate Information
- How to Become a Natural Health Dietician: Career and Education Info
- EKG Technician Course and Class Overviews
- Emergency Room Technician Training and Course Information
- City Inspector Courses and Training Programs
- Overview of Behavioral Science Courses and Training Programs