Distance Learning Doctoral Degrees in Natural Health
Distance-learning doctoral degree programs in natural health usually take four years to complete, though they can take longer if students take classes part-time or extend research. Not many schools offer online doctorate degree programs in natural health. Those that do provide students with the opportunity to watch or listen to lectures from their own homes or offices.
Completing a Distance-Learning Doctorate in Natural Health
There are two ways students can take courses via distance learning to achieve a doctoral degree in natural health. The first is for students to access online interfaces, where they can read professors' lectures and notes, gain assistance with difficult material, complete assignments and chat with other students. The second option is to receive DVDs or CDs through the mail. Both options give students the chance to take classes at times convenient for them. Students complete quizzes and tests online through a secure format.
To complete the practical aspects of a doctoral degree in natural health, students must complete a clinical experience. This is accomplished by working with local hospitals or clinics that allow students to help with patient care and observe doctor-to-patient interactions. Many programs also require that students write and submit a dissertation.
Distance-learning courses in natural health are easily accessible. Most programs allow students to review the lectures as frequently as needed to become familiar with difficult material and build upon introductory principles. Sample courses from distance-learning doctoral degrees in natural health include:
- Introduction to natural health and holistic nutrition
- Naturally increasing health and energy
- Insulin resistance in patients with diabetes
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- Adult hormone replacement therapy
- Digestion, nutrition and longevity
- Mental health and nutrition
- Practical applications for holistic medicine
- Mind and body wellness
Upon completion of a credible distance-learning program, individuals earn a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. This can lead to multiple career opportunities in health care and alternative medicine. Some possible job titles include:
- Natural health practitioner
- College professor in health and wellness
- Naturopathic doctor
- Holistic nutritionist
- Community wellness director
Related to Online Doctorate Degree Programs in Natural Health
- Recently Updated
Naturopathic medicine is the practice of health care and disease prevention through the use of natural methods and remedies....
Research Master of Science degrees in natural health. Get information about courses, licensing options and career choices to...
Natural health refers to holistic therapies that focus on preventing illness and maintaining health; they may also tackle...
Natural health science is an alternative or complementary form of medical science that promotes natural methods of healing. One...
- Natural Health Consultant Certificate and Training Program Info
- Natural Health Practitioner Certification and Certificate Information
- How to Become a Natural Health Dietician: Career and Education Info
- Mechanical Device Engineer Career Info
- Mechanical Engineer: Employment & Career Info
- Masters Degree in Building Science: Program Summary
- TV Advertisement Designer: Job Description & Requirements
- How to Become a Certified Natural Health Consultant: Career Roadmap
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Natural Health Degree Overview
- Associate of Information Technology: Computer Programming Degree Overview
- Schools for Aspiring Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Salary and Career Info for Certified First Assistants
- Food and Beverage Management Degree Program in San Diego
- Watercraft Technician Job Information for Students Considering a Career in Watercraft Mechanics and Technology
- Santa Clara, California, City and Educational Info
- Paramedical Examiner Job Information for Students Considering a Career As a Paramedical Examiner