Distance Learning Employment Law Master's Degree From a University
A master's program in employment law trains human resource professionals in workplace regulations and labor laws. Nova Southeastern University is one school that offers an online master's degree in employment law for distance learners, with short on-campus residencies.
Increasing regulation of the workplace and employees has lead to an increased demand for educational programs designed to inform human resource professionals about laws regarding the employer-employee relationship. Nova Southeastern University's distance learning M.S. in Employment Law is for human resource professionals who wish to gain a solid understanding of employment and labor law.
Nova Southeastern University: Distance Learning Employment Law Program
Nova Southeastern University's main campus is located in Fort Lauderdale, FL, but the school offers several distance learning programs. Distance learning, as defined by Nova Southeastern University, refers to any classes that are delivered via an education delivery system. It also includes classes that are taught at satellite campuses outside of the Fort Lauderdale area. The master's degree in employment law uses an online distance learning education platform, WebCT, to deliver courses and facilitate discussion. However, three short, on-campus residences are required to complete the degree. NSU was founded in 1964 as a small college; it is now the sixth-largest university in United States.
M.S. in Employment Law
The M.S. in Employment Law is comprised of 30 credits and takes two years to complete. Students will explore occupational safety, discrimination and harassment, unions, wages and benefits and workplace privacy. Coursework takes a total of one and a half years to complete, and the remaining six months are spent working on a research project. The program is open to all students who hold an undergraduate degree. The GRE or LSAT is not required for admission into the program. The program is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; the Shepard Broad Law Center, which is the center through which the program is offered, is accredited by the American Bar Association and the American Association of Law Schools.
- Address: 3301 College Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314-7796
- Phone Number: (954) 262-7300
Related to Online Master of Employment Law University Degrees
- Recently Updated
A master's degree in employment law is available in graduate school as a Master of Science (M.S.) and in law schools as an...
Several law schools offer both master's and professional degree programs. Typically, a professional law degree is conferred as...
Labor and employment law professionals work in human resource, business or legal fields and must understand a complex, highly...
A master's degree in law is not required to practice law and is different from a Juris Doctorate, which is the degree earned...
- Online Universities with a Master's Degree in Law: How to Choose
- Corporate Law Majors: Salary and Career Information
- Masters Degrees in Law: Program Information
- Nurse Practitioner Vs. Masters Degree in Nursing: What's the Difference?
- Career Information for a Degree in Mental Health Counseling
- English Grammar Teacher Career Info
- Senior Financial Accountant: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Family Lawyer: Career Information for Becoming a Family Law Professional
- Criminologist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- CFC Refrigeration Certificate and Certification Program Information
- Bank Compliance Officer Training Information
- Distribution Inventory Management Education Programs and Courses