Distance Learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology Degrees
Although not widely available, online master's degrees in electronics engineering technology can be found at some four-year institutions. Keep reading to see program details, courses and online learning methods for graduate studies in this field.
Engineering technology is a discipline that is closely related to engineering. While engineering focuses on conceptual thinking and design, engineering technology degree programs focus on applications of existing designs. A distance learning master's program in electronics engineering technology prepares students for careers in management, systems design and development, and systems integration.
While a number of schools offer distance learning undergraduate programs in this field of study, master's programs in electronics engineering technology are less common. Institutions that do offer these online graduate degrees tend to be public universities. Some programs may lead to a Master of Engineering Technology and students are allowed to pursue electronics as their specialization.
Online master's programs in electronic engineering technology are designed for individuals with a relevant professional and/or academic background. Prospective students commonly need to have a bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology to be eligible for admission. Engineering work experience could also be a factor in admittance decisions.
The distance learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology program can be completed in two years of full-time study. The degree program typically consists of three phases: content, application and integration of engineering technology. Some of the courses required include:
- Electronic control systems
- Problems in electronics and computer technology
- Industrial computer systems management
- Analysis of technical systems
- Production planning and control
A thesis or major project may be required to fulfill the requirements of the degree. The research project is self-directed but has to demonstrate the student's knowledge of electronics and computer technology. Some programs could allow students to participate in an internship as a culminating experience.
Students enrolled in distance learning classes access assignments, lectures, videos and other learning tools in their schools' virtual classrooms. Courses may also utilize videoconferencing, which allows a student to participate in real-time communication via video and audio, while others may be televised by the university and broadcast at specific locations in and out of state. This option may require that the student travel to the nearest location receiving the broadcast. Specific courses may also have DVD supplements that a student can watch at home.
Related to Online Master's Degrees in Electronics Engineering Technology
- Recently Updated
Computer electronics engineering technology combines electronic fabrication, control systems and network systems to prepare...
Orlando has few schools with programs in computer engineering and electronics technology. Find the best program for you by...
Boise, ID, has few schools with programs in electrical engineering and electronics technology. Find the best program for you by...
An Associate of Computer Electronic Engineering Technology degree program may allow students to gain entry-level employment,...
- AS in Electronics Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Associate in Electronics Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Electronics Engineering Technology Degree Program Information
- Public Affairs Officer: Job Description and Education Information
- State Range Management Specialist: Job Description and Requirements
- Top Ranked Business Accounting Degree Programs - Nashville, TN
- Architectural Products Sales: Job Description and Requirements
- Online Electronics Engineering Degrees by Program Level
- Top University for Learning Electronics Technology - Norfolk, VA
- Cosmetology Management: Education and Career Information
- Top Health Care Management Master's Degree Program in Houston
- Sports Photographer: Education Requirements and Job Description