Distance Learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology Degrees
Engineering technology is a discipline that is closely related to engineering. While engineering focuses on conceptual thinking and design, engineering technology degree programs focus on applications of existing designs. A distance learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology program prepares students for careers in management, systems design and development, and systems integration.
Distance Learning Overview
Students enrolled in a distance learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology program must first meet minimum software and hardware requirements. Many of the courses that a student takes for the distance learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology program are web-based. Students should have a computer with an Internet connection. Additional computer requirements may include:
- Windows XP, Vista or Mac OS X
- Specific processor and processor speed
- RAM requirement
- Minimum network connection requirement
Courses may also utilize videoconferencing, which allows a student to participate in real-time communication via video and audio, while others may be televised by the university and broadcast at specific locations in and out of state. This option may require that the student travel to the nearest location receiving the broadcast. Specific courses may also have DVD supplements that a student can watch at home.
Master of Electronics Engineering Technology Overview
The distance learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology program can be completed in two years of full-time study. Students who complete the program will be able to compete for positions in management, systems integration and systems development. The degree program typically consists of three phases: content, application and integration of engineering technology. Some of the courses required for completion of the degree include:
- Electronic control systems
- Problems in electronics and computer technology
- Industrial computer systems management
- Analysis of technical systems
- Production planning and control
A thesis or major project may also be required to fulfill the requirements of the degree. The research project is self-directed but has to demonstrate the student's knowledge of electronics and computer technology.
Related to Online Master's Degrees in Electronics Engineering Technology
- Recently Updated
Computer electronics engineering technology combines electronic fabrication, control systems and network systems to prepare...
Located in Orlando, FL, the University of Central Florida is a 4-year, public institution that is rising quickly in recognition...
With nearly 20,000 students in attendance, Boise State University in Boise, Idaho, is the largest higher-education institution...
Individuals interested in careers in computer support, computer science or electronics technology may find computer electronics...
- Associate in Science (AS): Electronics Engineering Technology Degree Overview
- Associate in Electronics Engineering Technology: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Electronics Engineering: Degree Overview
- Nuclear Radiology Education Options
- Home Stager: Training Requirements and Career Info
- Pollster: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Job Description of a Community Liaison Officer