Distance Learning Naturopathy Certificate and Diploma Coursework
Naturopathy is a system of medicine based on the healing power of nature. Students enrolled in an online naturopathy certificate program develop a broad understanding of self-healing and preventative medicine methods. They learn to treat illnesses and diseases holistically, by accounting for environmental, social, emotional and spiritual factors that affect health and wellness.
Common Distance Learning Naturopathy Certificate Courses
Distance learning naturopathy certificate programs offer students online training and education in the theories and therapeutics of naturopathy. Students undertaking online courses receive the same curriculum as those who take class on-campus.
Courses are designed to give students critical thinking and diagnostic skills, and the ability to interact and communicate with patients effectively. The curriculum in this program is complex and diverse and offers an opportunity to develop an understanding of the principles, applications and philosophies involved in alternative and holistic health care.
Common coursework in naturopathy certificate programs include:
- Botanical Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition
- Mind-Body-Spirit Medicine
- Stress Reduction Techniques
- Minor Surgery
- Therapeutic Manipulation
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Naturopathic History/Approaches
Possible Careers in Naturopathy
Professionals in naturopathy use a variety of techniques, including nutritional counseling, homeopathic medicine, herbal medicine, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, physical medicine, spirituality, detoxification and lifestyle and psychological counseling. Natruropatnic professionals may ask patients to make lifestyle changes, like changing their exercise, eating and sleeping habits.
Careers opportunities in this field include the following:
- Research scientists
- Industry consultants
- Advisers to professionals in heath care
- Insurance company consultants
- Natural pharmacists
- Public health administrators
Related to Distance Learning Diplomas in Naturopathy
- Recently Updated
Naturopathy is a term referring to alternative or complementary medicine. The field consists of holistic practitioners...
Naturopathy is a medical specialty in which the practitioner tries to get the patient's own body to heal itself. If...
Naturopathy combines holistic and alternative medicine with scientific technique. Doctoral programs in naturopathy...
A Doctor of Philosophy degree in naturopathy doesn't exist, but individuals interested in the field can pursue a...
- Iridology Schools and Colleges with Training Information
- Alternative Medicine Majors: Information and Requirements
- Naturopathic Nutritionist: Salary Info and Career Overview
- Top Ranked Business Administration and Business Management Degrees - Houston, TX
- Top School for a Degree in Accounting and Finance - San Francisco, CA
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design and Multimedia - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Networking Degree Program - Atlanta, GA
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Alternative Medicine
- Herbal Pharmacology Degree Program Overviews
- Top Degree Programs for Sales and Marketing - Arlington, VA
- Top Ranked School for Health Sciences and Health Administration - Indianapolis, IN
- Top Ranked Networking Degree Program - Miami, FL