Distance Learning Degrees in Naturopathic Medicine
Accredited distance learning degree programs in naturopathic medicine are rare. One of the few approved schools in the nation to provide online holistic health and naturopathic medicine degrees is the American College of Healthcare Sciences.
Overview of Programs
Within the school's Associate of Applied Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine program, students are required to take 15 general education credits of anatomy, physiology and English composition. Concentrations are available in herbal medicine or aromatherapy. In addition, students take core naturopathic medicine classes in the following:
- Herbal studies
- Medical terminology
- Holistic nutrition
The school offers a non-clinical Master of Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine program. Students take online science courses, including anatomy, physiology, general chemistry, biochemistry and organic chemistry. They also take core naturopathic medicine courses in:
- Plant identification
- Safe handling and application
The school offers undergraduate and graduate certificate programs, which require the completion of 4-5 classes, depending on the program. Holistic medical practitioners, nurses or related health care professionals may benefit from these programs.
In this graduate-level medicinal aromatherapy program students learn to combine and extract the healing components of essential oils and herbs; they also study the possible side effects of such therapies on the body.
Students in this graduate program learn to identify medicinal plants and study how these plants can positively assist with bodily issues and health concerns. Participants also study how to handle and apply these naturopathic medicines in a safe manner.
Dynamic Phytotherapy Consulting
Individuals interested in this undergraduate certificate program must have a botanical science background. This program covers topics in the following:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Holistic health consulting
- Naturopathic medicine selection for humans
- Naturopathic medicine selection for animals
Online Learning at American College of Healthcare Sciences
This distance learning institution was founded in the late 1970s and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council. Depending on the class, distance learning students are sent lab necessities, such as botanical roots and oil blends, as well as books and study guides. They also have access to the school's online library and participate in virtual class discussions and lectures.
- Address: 5940 S.W. Hood Ave., Portland, OR 97239
- Phone Number: (503) 244-0726
Related to Distance Learning Degree in Naturopathic Medicine
- Recently Updated
Learn about the requirements and courses for earning a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine degree. Find out about career choices,...
Learn about programs in naturopathic medicine, through which students learn how to treat medical conditions without using toxic...
Learn about the curriculum and prerequisites for a naturopathic medicine degree program. Find out about career choices,...
Online courses in naturopathic medicine focus on eastern, alternative and holistic approaches to medicine. These courses...
- List of the Best Holistic Medicine Schools and Colleges
- Herbal Medicine Courses and Classes Overviews
- Doctorate in Massage Therapy: Degree Program Information
- Top Business Finance Degree Program in Wichita
- Polymer Scientist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top Graphic Design & Multimedia Arts School in San Bernardino, CA
- Top School in San Francisco for Advertising Design
- Natural Medicine Masters Degree Program Overview
- Biological Health Professional: Job Description and Career Info
- Top-Rated Computer Engineering Degree Program in Irving, TX
- Top Ranked Legal Assisting and Paralegal School - Cleveland, OH
- Top Health Information Technology Degree Program - Columbus, OH