Early Childhood Development Education: Online Degree Programs
Online early childhood development education degree programs provide aspiring preschool teachers with the pedagogical skills and developmental knowledge to advance social and intellectual growth in infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Early childhood development education online college degree programs are found at the associate, bachelor's and master's levels.
Online Early Childhood Development Education Associate Degree Programs
Online early childhood development associate degree programs provide the basic knowledge and pedagogy skills to create fun learning environments for children up to five years old. Accessing a program's online syllabus, lectures and assignments requires Internet access, as well as hardware and software that meets minimum standards. Chat rooms, e-mail and instant messaging provide faculty interaction and technical support. Graduates of associate degree programs are qualified for entry-level positions in child care centers, preschools, non-profit organizations and community education programs.
Sample Curriculum for an Associate of Science in Early Childhood Development Education
Online associate degree curriculum includes literature, math, science and social studies and child development. In addition to general education requirements, distance learning students also complete faculty-supervised internships and courses that cover:
- Activities planning
- Health, nutrition and safety
- Teaching special needs students
- Social behavior
Online Bachelor's Degree Programs in Early Childhood Development Education
Online students in a bachelor's degree in early childhood development are trained to assess and identify special needs in infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Distance learners follow the same faculty-led curriculum as campus-based students; however, instructional activities and interactions are delivered through chat rooms, discussion boards, online tests and e-mail. Bachelor's degree programs in early childhood development education are typically geared toward students who hold an associate degree in the field, and provide either a teaching certification and non-certification track.
Sample Curriculum for Online Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Development Education
Coursework in an online bachelor's degree program covers early childhood foundation theories and perspectives, curriculum design and activities. Online students also complete practicum and seminar courses. Aspiring early childhood educators typically study the following:
- Children at risk
- Community, family and school relations
- Group management
- Interpersonal relationships
- Early intervention planning and assessment
Online Master's Degree Programs in Early Childhood Development Education
Online master's degree programs are tailored toward active educators desiring consultation, administration and supervision roles in programs for young children. Early childhood development graduate programs emphasize design and delivery of child educational services, as well as addressing practical teaching approaches for children with disabilities. Online learners typically work independently and interact with peers and faculty through real-time chats and conferences. Tests and assignments are typically delivered by e-mail.
Sample Curriculum for Online Master of Science in Early Childhood Education
Online graduate students take extensive coursework in family relations, child development and education. Distance learning programs include courses in early literacy development, early childhood curriculum and behavior management, as well as the following classes:
- Instructional technology
- Curriculum leadership
- Working with families
- Advanced early childhood assessment
Related to Online Early Childhood Education University Degrees
- Recently Updated
Early childhood development teachers, or pre-school teachers, work to help children start their academic careers with...
Research online associate's degree programs in early childhood education. Get information about prerequisites,...
Emphasizing theories of child development, online certificate programs in early childhood education prepare students...
Early childhood education focuses on the education of children from birth to eight years old. Much of the instruction...
- Top Rated Degree Program in Early Childhood Education - Memphis, TN
- Top School with Degree Programs in Early Childhood Education - Louisville, KY
- Early Childhood Education: Top University for Earning a Degree in Early Childhood Education - Hartford, CT
- List of Free Online Criminology Courses and Classes
- Top Ranked University with Computer Information Systems Management Degrees - Indianapolis, IN
- Essential Mac Apps for Students
- List of Free Online Public Health Courses and Classes
- Master of Education (M.Ed): Early Childhood Education Degree Overview
- Associate of Science (AS): Early Childhood Education Degree Overview
- Top Degree Programs for a Respiratory Therapist - Phoenix, AZ
- Top Ranked Degree Programs for Medical Assisting - Jacksonville, FL
- Animal Husbandry Professional: Job Info for Students Considering a Career in Animal Husbandry