EMT Training in Michigan with School and Class Overviews
Michigan is home to more than 20 colleges and universities that offer training programs for prospective emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and paramedics. Schoolcraft College in Livonia and Mid Michigan Community College in Harrison are two such schools; both offer EMT training programs resulting in a certificate or associate degree.
Schoolcraft College's EMT Programs
Schoolcraft College is a community college in Livonia, Michigan, offering both traditional credit and continuing education classes for students. It offers programs in over 60 different areas of study, including two for prospective emergency medical technicians.
Emergency Medical Technology - Paramedic Certificate
The EMT certificate program prepares students to pass the National Registry for Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification exam for licensure as a Michigan paramedic. Courses cover all levels of EMT training, including a basic emergency medical technology class and three levels of paramedic technology classes. General coursework also includes anatomy, physiology and medical terminology. Students learn through lectures, lab work and internships.
Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Technology - Paramedic
In addition to courses specific to emergency medical technology, students in the associate degree program are required to complete the college's general education requirements. Required courses include technical writing, psychology, humanities, math and political science. The EMT-specific coursework includes basic emergency medical technology and three levels of paramedic technology classes. Upon completion of the program with course grades of 80% or greater, students receive an Associate in Applied Science degree and qualify to test for state licensure.
- Address: 18600 Haggerty Road, Livonia, MI 48152
- Phone Number: (734) 462-4400
Mid Michigan Community College's EMT Program
Mid Michigan Community College offers a wide range of academic programs, including a associate degree program that prepares students for careers as emergency medical technicians. Successful completion of this program prepares students to sit for the NREMT basic and paramedic state licensing examinations.
Associate in Applied Science in Emergency Medical Services
Students enrolled in this EMT training program take general education courses in addition to courses specific to emergency medical technology. Courses include laboratory and classroom components and students are also required to obtain clinical experience. Course topics include anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, speech, algebra, administration of medication and courses of treatment for patients. EMT coursework includes patient assessment, emergency respiratory and cardiac care, CPR and administering medication.
- Address: 1375 South Clare Avenue, Harrison, MI 48625
- Phone Number: (989) 386-6622
Related to Michigan EMT Classes
- Recently Updated
Most states require EMTs to get relicensed, after their original licensure, every 2-3 years, according to the U.S....
Emergency medical technology professionals provide medical aid to those in need during emergency situations. There are...
Emergency medical technician courses prepare individuals to become first responders to accident and crime scenes....
Emergency medical technicians (EMT) first responders are trained citizens who work alongside firefighters and police...
- EMT-Paramedic License and Credential Information
- EMT-P to RN Bridge Program Information
- EMT-Intermediate Refresher Course Information
- Top Business University - Chicago, IL
- Top Electronics Technology Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Best Degree Programs for Learning Electronics - Fort Wayne, IN
- Top Ranked School for Teacher Education and School Administration - Colorado Springs, CO
- EMT - Basic Refresher Course Requirements
- EMT - Paramedic Classes and Courses Overview
- Top University for Prospective Teachers and School Administrators - Las Vegas, NV
- Top Public Administration Degree Program - Irvine, CA
- Top University with Public Administration Master's Degree Programs - Indianapolis, IN
Perfect School Search
- A - D
- D - M
- N - Y
- Nearby States