Energy Healing Degree Programs and Majors
Read about degree programs in energy healing, which are uncommon. Find information about the coursework in these programs, related fields of study and popular career options.
Since energy healing is a specialty under the umbrella of holistic wellness, degree programs that are specific to energy healing are rare; accredited degree programs are especially difficult to find. Possible degree programs should cover the process of healing through energy fields and spirituality. Patients or clients are typically people who are concerned with pursuing happiness, optimum overall health and the human potential. Programs are often available online, because the field is relatively specialized.
Programs address the cultural convention that wellness is synonymous with physical health and discuss other possible dimensions of wellness. Students are trained in the different cultural histories of spiritual and religious healing practices, including dance, meditation and expression through art. To supplement these skills, students also learn to distinguish between religion and spirituality.
Students learn the stages of spiritual wellness and discover the ways in which historical context can affect this type of treatment. Such education also explores how the energy field functions, how students can identify disturbances and how they can correct them. Associate's programs in this field require a high school diploma or GED; however, most programs recommend a background in science, business, chemistry, religious studies or even pre-medicine.
Courses combine knowledge of the body with social and historical contexts. Some programs incorporate business skills as well. Here are some examples of classes you might see in an energy healing program:
- The physical body
- Healing practices
- Energy healing
- Spiritual wellness
- Business administration
Popular Career Options
The most popular career path for energy healing professionals is to start their own practice; however, other options are available as well:
- Alternative hospital care
- International wellness clinic
- Alternative health group partner
- Eastern medicine educator
Graduates of associate's degrees in energy healing sometimes pursue the more common bachelor's degree in holistic wellness or even a master's degree in the same field. Those who wish to start their own practices might find it beneficial to earn bachelor's or master's degrees in business or earn business certificates. Graduates also sometimes pursue various state licenses in the holistic field.
Related to Energy Healing Degrees
- Recently Updated
Research elements of an associate's degree program that teaches energy healing. Review common course topics, and see a list of...
Individuals interested in learning the Japanese art of Reiki energy healing can find training through standalone courses,...
Energy medicine is the practice of manipulating energy fields to affect health. Magnet therapy and light therapy are two...
Many therapies are often referred to as types of 'energy therapy.' They are used to increase relaxation, reduce stress and...
- Tips for Saving Energy - and Money
- Certified Energy Auditor Training, Degree and Exam Info
- Bachelor's Degree in Energy Medicine
- Top Computer Programming Degree Programs - Kansas City, MO
- Top School in Atlanta for a Master's in Accounting & Financial Management
- Top School in Richmond for Becoming an Accountant
- Conservation Technician: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Energy and Oil Careers: Options and Requirements
- Become an Energy Engineer: Education and Career Information
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Top University with a Degree in International Business - Honolulu, HI
- Geriatric Nurse: Educational Requirements for Geriatric Nursing