Health Services Management Degrees in NY with Course Overviews
Both undergraduate and graduate health services management degrees are available from schools in New York. For example, CUNY York College in Jamaica, NY, offers a bachelor's degree program in health promotion management and Rochester Institute of Technology offers a baster's degree in health systems administration.
CUNY York College's Health Service Management Programs
As part of the City University of New York, or CUNY, students at York College have opportunities to pursue a variety of degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level, as well as participate in research. The university's health programs are nationally recognized and designed for students to receive hands-on training early on in their studies.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Promotion Management
Through the bachelor's degree in health promotion management, students create health promotion programs designed to encourage others to live healthy lives. These include raising knowledge about issues such as smoking, stress management, physical fitness, weight problems, abuse of controlled substances and encouraging communities to work together toward living healthier lives. Through courses that include stress and health, nutrition and health, and drug use and abuse, students distinguish healthy behaviors from unhealthy behaviors. Students also develop programs that teach healthy behaviors; courses in this area include health promotion in the workplace, and organization and administration in health education. Internships are required as well. Business courses, including marketing and management, are also part of this health services management degree program. Graduates gain employment in settings, such as hospitals, resorts, fitness centers and health promotion counseling firms.
- Address: 94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd, Jamaica, New York 11451
- Phone Number: (718) 262-2000
Rochester Institute of Technology's Health Service Management Programs
The Rochester Institute of Technology strives to provide students from all backgrounds with professional, career-driven degrees. Students gain hands-on experience and practical knowledge.
Master of Science Degree in Health Systems Administration
The master's degree program in health systems is an online program, so students can take it while working full-time. In order to qualify, students must have a bachelor's degree and at least three years management experience in a health-related facility. The program is 48 credit hours long and may be completed in 2 years. Students take courses related to the policies, laws, economics and planning techniques involved in health systems. Electives include health information resources, health care leadership, senior living and financing health systems. The program includes development of a business plan for a health systems topic related to the student's place of employment.
- Address: 1 Lomb Memorial Dr, Rochester, New York 14623-5603
- Phone Number: (585) 475-2411
Related to Health Services Management Degrees in New York
- Recently Updated
A graduate certificate of health services management can provide students and working professionals with the advanced...
Health service organizations typically require applicants for management openings to hold advanced degrees in health...
There are two kinds of bachelor's degrees for health services management: the Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of...
Health Services Management Training: Top College for Degrees and Training in Healthcare Management - Wichita, KS
The Department of Public Health Sciences at Wichita State University in Wichita, KS, offers an undergraduate program...
- Top Degrees in Healthcare Management and Health Administration - Las Vegas, NV
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Health Care Management Degree Overview
- List of Top Health Management Programs
- Top School for an Electronics and Computer Technology Degree - New York, NY
- Top Ranked Sales and Marketing Degree Programs - Anaheim, CA
- Top Computer Networking School - Anaheim, CA
- Top University with a Computer Engineering Degree - Phoenix, AZ
- Health and Fitness Management Careers: Job Descriptions and Requirements
- Bachelor of Health & Fitness Management: Degree Overview
- Best School for a Degree in Computer Networking - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Top Network Management College Programs - Chicago, IL
- Top University for Visual Communications and Digital Media Design - Los Angeles, CA
Perfect School Search
- A - G
- G - N
- Q - W
- Nearby States